• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

1.33 Campaign Does anyone have it as a custom campaign

Level 2
Hello all!

Apologies for the trouble but I was curious if anyone had the old 1.33 campaign ? I know Kam was planning to release it but I haven't seen any update of it so curious if anyone else had it or was planning to release it ?

I loved playing it and would really enjoy playing hard mode 1.33

My external backup HDD has a copy of the English versions of:
  • 1.34.0.??
  • 1.35.0.??
  • 1.36.0.??
However I might only have one copy of this so they could easily succumb to bit rot. Also, I never personally played the 1.33 campaign so I don't know if it's good.

In any case, it is conceivable that I could restore the 1.33 from these backups for example if Kam keels over from an unexpected heart attack tomorrow, but generally I'm inclined to leave it to someone else to make the custom campaigns like you're saying. At the moment I'm preparing for a new life style where I don't use Microsoft Windows and don't keep my Reforged up to date, and instead play the emulator of Warcraft III that runs without Activision software that I spent the last few years writing. So, accordingly, I make no promise of keeping these old patches backed up forever. I simply created a habit circa 1.29 of copying my Warcraft III folder before doing any update every since I lost 1.28 with no backup of it and subsequently realized that 1.29 included many regressions versus 1.28 and that I could no longer trust Activision to maintain that the newest version was always the all-encompassing best. And so I have a copy of 1.29 and 1.30 and 1.31 and 1.32.0 and 1.32.1 and 1.32.2 and 1.32.3 and 1.32.5 and 1.32.6 and 1.32.7 and 1.32.8 and 1.32.9 and 1.32.10 and 1.33 and 1.34 and 1.35 and 1.36.0 and 1.36.1 even now when I was using hundreds or maybe thousands of gigabytes on this nonsense. Because I tried to be fairly consistent with this habit. But I could step on the backup HDD tomorrow and crush it all and that would be the end of it. It's an external drive attached to my PC with USB that I literally bought at Best Buy at some point, just average consumer piece of junk.

Please post back here and let everyone know if you get access to a custom campaign of this! Would mean I have less reason to save old backups, etc.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hey Retera,

I was hoping that by now Kam would have uploaded the 1.33 campaigns but it seems he's busy.

If possible could you upload the 1.36 version of the HD Campaigns as custom Campaigns?

I cannot agree to do this because I have not evaluated the estimated time required to accomplish the task.

It is unknown to me how much of the 1.33 upgrades were engine-level, and how many were map level. I can of course export the many map files and import them into a custom campaign file -- and that would conceivably be a fairly straightforward task to do -- but you might find after that where some of the maps were referencing game data files or information that only existed on those game installs. If that happens, and if the custom campaign experience is inferior to the actual 1.33 experience as a result, I would find it very difficult to convince myself to try to maintain that for you. If you want a maintained project that someone was taking ownership over like that, it might be worth investigating the ReReforged by @InsaneMonster for example.

Do we know if @Kam didn't do it because he didn't want to bother to export the maps (the narrow scope solution that might or might not succeed, but is fast) or if it was because there are some issues that make constructing the custom campaign version very time consuming to get to an end product that actually works?

Level 2
I'm honestly not to sure why Kam hasn't uploaded them yet, I'm assuming it's because he may be busy with the Chronicles of the Second War project currently and doesn't have the time for it.

Level 14
I would be eager to playthrough the 1.33 version again. The AI is so brain dead going back to default.

I'll of course help fix any remaining campaign slop ups like i did with Deforged before your team was disbanded

THe most outstanding currently I believe would be the Sylvanass Loop spanws in 1.33 and plenty of NPCS having no names 3 Heroes in Hyjal with Archimonde, over half the Heroes in the campaign having a blank name frame <Dalvengyr in BE campaign>

I would however remove the Chimera on Hyjal that were added for 1.33 it entirely trivializes the entire map since it aoe splashes and evaporates the entire legion army.

Sylvanas not attacking anymore in Into realm eternal and key of 3 moons I'd remove.

And Mal'ganis's instant flee mechanic on Frostmourn I'd remove <In rare cases he can spawn as invulnerable and prevent mission being completed. happened once.

That and it's not so much as lore accurate as it is annoying that he ports away same for not having Sylvanas attack AT ALL.

lastly I'll keep an eye out for enemy goldmines that reduce at 10 vs 1 increments there were quite a few <Purple base in frostmourne> <Runner base in Silvermoon>

These expansions getting gold gutted especially on the Runner mission is BAAAAAAD consider the 50% goldmine gold nerf which i found to be quit a good change for Kam's BRUTAL mode

Last edited:
Sylvannas not attacking is one of the two campaign bugs I’m aware of in 1.33, the other being that the side quest on The Siege of Dalaran counts raised mages. I’ll definitely fix those. I’ve never seen the invulnerability bug but I’ll absolutely test for that.

The current bugs in 1.36 are partially the result of corrupt wts files, but the campaign has become increasing unstable. Unfortunately SD is now suffering from new bugs as well. I don’t expect any fixes.