• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] 2 triggers that are not working :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
So I was triggering 2 spells, both are not working and I dunno where I have the mistakes.

By using the Chain Souls ability, you curse units in targeted area and when one of the cursed units takes damage, the rest of the cursed units take same damage. The way I have it ATM is not working :-/
  • Chain Souls
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Chain Souls
    • Actions
      • Set ChainSoulsGroup = (Units within 350.00 of (Target point of ability being cast) matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in ChainSoulsGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Demon\DarkConversion\ZombifyTarget.mdl
          • Set ChainSoulsCheckVariable = (Life of (Picked unit))
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Life of (Picked unit)) Less than ChainSoulsCheckVariable
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Cause No unit to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Damage taken) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing

The other spell was meant to damage enemy units around the caster and then toss them into the air (not completed yet, so right now they would stay in the air).
The problem here is that the picked units are not tossed into the air...
  • Shadow Fall
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Shadow Fall
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 620.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Triggering player)) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to ShadowFallGroup
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in ShadowFallGroup and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - 50.00)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlakCannons\FlakTarget.mdl
              • Unit - Add classification of A flying unit to (Picked unit)
              • Animation - Change (Picked unit) flying height to ((Current flying height of (Picked unit)) + 300.00) at 100.00
I was thinking of doing this ability via dummies with the Impale ability, however this is not the option since I want few things different from impale.

I would gladly accept any idea.

Level 28
In the first trigger, you check whether "Life of Picked Unit is less than Life of Picked Unit"?
What is the point?
Also, choose a unit to damage the other one (triggering unit would be the best option).

Choose the damage-trigger instead of "Set life of picked unit = blabla".

Also, there are a lot of leaks in your triggers, try to remove them.

Status
Not open for further replies.