• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] A little question about Channel spell

Level 11
Hello!
I have a channel spell and a trigger that makes a dummy cast Invisibility* on my flying unit when i press that channel spell.
The problem is that if my flying unit is walking and then I press channel, the unit will stop walking and i need to click again to move it and i don't like that.
It is possible to make that channel spell to not stop my unit while unit is walking? just like original wind walk.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 65
No, you need to base the ability on either Berserk or Wind Walk. Channel's definition of "Instant" is misleading and really just implies a spell that doesn't require a target. Berserk on the other hand is an Instant ability because it doesn't interrupt orders.

Level 20
The Wind Walk buff can be removed.
  • Wind Walk 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Wind Walk
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to WW_Group
      • Countdown Timer - Start WW_Timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 0.00 seconds
  • Wind Walk 2
    • Events
      • Time - WW_Timer expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in WW_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Wind Walk buff from (Picked unit)
          • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from WW_Group.

Level 11
Why not just set Wind Walk's duration to 0.001 seconds and Fade time to like 99999? But I'd use Berserk instead.
Berserk is very good, thanks!
Wind walk is not good because has a bug with flying units.
For example: If i cast Wind walk with duration 0.001 sec on my flying unit and my flying unit is above many trees, the unit will just teleport outside trees even if it flies. I can see Bersek do not have such bug so is all solved i think!
Thanks!

Vexorian said in a code comment that I read somewhere 15 years ago that if you set Follow Through Time or whatever it's called on Channel to the value -1 that then Channel would do what you wanted, like Berserk or Wind Walk. I wasn't able to test this theory right now, so I cannot confirm or deny the validity of this vague memory. Could you try this? If the -1 value actually works (it might not) then you would not need to mess around with other base skills besides Channel.

Level 11
Vexorian said in a code comment that I read somewhere 15 years ago that if you set Follow Through Time or whatever it's called on Channel to the value -1 that then Channel would do what you wanted, like Berserk or Wind Walk. I wasn't able to test this theory right now, so I cannot confirm or deny the validity of this vague memory. Could you try this? If the -1 value actually works (it might not) then you would not need to mess around with other base skills besides Channel.
I just tested that and doesn't work(will stop the unit like before).
Thanks for info anyway.