• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ability that makes unit unable to attack another unit possible? (plz help :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
here is what i would like to happen

for example

your Hero can attack Footmans

than i add ability to Hero

Hero is than unable to attack Footmans because of ability being added (actually he needs to ignore them 100% or just be unable to attack)

is that possible?

EDIT:
i mean really not able to attack,so he ignores the footman like he is invulnerable to him

Last edited:
Level 8
if you want your Hero to not be able to attack Footmans (or any unit) even at the start of the game then use Pharaoh's trigger. else if you want your Hero to not be able to attack a Footman either after adding an ability or after any event as you wish, you can:
1. Add an ability (like you said), but just a dummy ability, then add that Hero to a group and use the condition Boolean -> Unit - Unit In Unit Group
2. Add an ability (like you said :D), but use an ability that gives a buff, like a dummy aura ability? And use the condition Boolean -> Unit - Unit Has Specific Buff
3. Turn off Pharaoh's trigger, then just use another trigger to turn it on after an event

here is what i would like to happen

for example

your Hero can attack Footmans

than i add ability to Hero

Hero is than unable to attack Footmans because of ability being added (actually he needs to ignore them 100% or just be unable to attack)

is that possible?

if you only want it not to attack footmen use Pharaoh_'s but if you want it to be not able to attack any unit just use silence...

Level 13
well you can use silence and set the attacks prevented to melee and ranged so that your unit can still cast spells but cannot attack

no,not good at all,

hero needs to be unable to attack footmans not all units :hohum:

What is this, footman wars? You can mess around with the "attack 2" properties that gets enabled when the hero has the ability to not be able to target "ancient" units, and just change footman's target properties to "ancient". Similar to how Steam Tanks ignore units.

if you think that can be a good solution please explain more xD,and sry but i didnt play footman map too,just using a footman as an example

no,not good at all,

hero needs to be unable to attack footmans not all units :hohum:

if you think that can be a good solution please explain more xD

ahh...
I'm not sure if this would work...

• Events
    • Unit - A unit is issued an order targeting a unit
  • Conditions
    • Target Unit of issued order equal to footman
    • Triggering unit has buff equal to true
    • Issued order equal to attack
  • Actions
    • Set Temp = TriggeringUnit
    • Countdown Timer - Start Timer as a one-shot timer that will expire in 0.00 seconds
  • Events
    • Timer - Timer expires
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order Temp to stop
This system is MUI and the timer is needed because issuing an order to a unit that triggered the is issued event would cause errors. Though I'm not 100% sure that this would work...

Level 12
ahh...

• Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Countdown Timer - Start Timer as a one-shot timer that will expire in 0.00 seconds
  • Events
    • Timer - Timer expires
  • Actions
This system is MUI and the timer is needed because issuing an order to a unit that triggered the is issued event would cause errors. Though I'm not 100% sure that this would work...

Why do you need the timer, just order the triggering unit to stop right away.

Level 13
ahh...

• Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • Events
    • Timer - Timer expires
  • Actions

not good,he does not ignore them

btw i think you don't need timer is you use (work on some issued order events 100% sure)

turn off this trigger
pause unit
unpause unit
order unit to stop
turn on this trigger

hero can attack footman and he wants to attack him when he is near him,when that hero gets ability he ignores the footman (he does not want to attack him)
any way to do it?

Level 9
not good,he does not ignore them

btw i think you don't need timer is you use (work on some issued order events 100% sure)

turn off this trigger
pause unit
unpause unit
order unit to stop
turn on this trigger

hero can attack footman and he wants to attack him when he is near him,when that hero gets ability he ignores the footman (he does not want to attack him)
any way to do it?

As i guess, Bribe, or somebody said, just set the attack targets, delete ancients, set footman to be an ancient and that should be it :) (ofc be careful with neutrals (ancients))

Tiche3:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.