• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Altering Ability Effects - Friend and Foe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi there, I'm trying to create an ability sort of like Drunken Haze where it slows and weakens enemies, but I want to make it so that it can also strengthen allies within the same radius. Something like "Liquid Courage".

And another ability that acts like polymorph that can turn enemies into critters and allies into monsters.

Problem is: I can't figure figure out how to alter the effects between ally and enemy.

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Level 23
Trigger the effect and use dummy casters. First remove any effect of the spell then make sure you allow Allies to be targeted in 'Targets Allowed'. Then when the
  • Target Unit of Ability Being Cast
is an ally, create a dummy ability and cast a Drunken Haze based Spell with negative values in the effect (for the effect to be positive) which can be done by holding Shift + Left click. If the
  • Target Unit of Ability Being Cast
is an enemy, create a dummy ability and cast a Drunken Haze based Spell with positive values in the effect (for the effect to be negative).

Last edited:
Level 2
Huh, it works actually. I made a test dummy and managed to affect allies at least. I'll keep working on it. Thanks.

Alright, I hope you don't mind another, but this one might be kind of tricky.

One unit is able to devour live enemies and pick up corpses as well. Which is used to damage units and support the team.

(So corpses can be carried around for cannibalizing, raising the dead, resurrecting dead allies, etc)

Problem is: Live units that are devoured don't take damage in cargo. Is there a way I can cheat with abilities or should I use the same trigger?

Level 2
The giant doesn't devour allies (so to speak). But it can pick up their corpses so they can be brought to the wizard for revival.

When enemies are devoured they take up cargo space, but they don't take damage.

The giant can still regurgitate the live enemy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.