• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Aeon of Strife] [Another AOS] Defender the Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
[Another AOS] Defenders of War

I have a special idea of making a custom map from scratch with the elements of AOS, however there might not be certain things that are already in the current d.o.t.a map which had been widely spread and also "dota 2", however the things inside of the content will heavily support in the direction of realism and game play over complexity in many mechanism. I will like you kind support, community :) I am just getting started..

Beta Testing:
People who wish to test the map will be referred a link to epicwar for download, from there we can possibly go into a group in garena messenger and work our ways, I am from Asia so mind time zones man :D

Genre:
War games where player in 5 v 5 conditions will fight to destroy their base with 6 items, however possibly following the weapon/armor upgrade style approach, making it more real :D

History:
I play a lot of dota and realise that there are many balance taking place and many things can be altered because of that, I want to make this map to express it.

Layout:
It will be a similar layout, one side base, the other side base with towers, however the emphasis is on hero realism/balance over game-play mechanism like gold/exp. More details will be released.

Heroes:
As stated earlier, the inventory will follow the 6 slot limit however it is an upgradable system instead of the fuse item system.
Heroes will start will abilities, however ultimate will not be there but instead a primary skill instead of an ultimate.

Main Stats:
Strength/Agility/Wit
Damage, Speed and Critical Hit Respectively

Mana will be revised however more details will be released.

Neutral Spawn:
Due to the realism in the game, Neutral spawn will not be implemented.

Secret Shop:
I see no point in adding this at the moment.

Item Upgrades:
There will be certain upgrades available to certain heroes and many variations however irreversible.

Along the way this map will be releasing details and step by step we will make it a map worthwhile :D, I got the feeling this AOS will be great aside of all the rip offs it might have >_>

V1
Download: here
Gameplay:
= Hero defense, protect the base and win the game by destroying the enemy's base.

= 12 standard heroes avaliable.
- Mountain King, BloodMage, Blademaster, Tauren Chieftain. CryptLord, Demon Hunter, Warden, Keeper of the Grove, Firelord, Pit Lord, Alchemist, Naga Sea Witch

= Tomes avaliable!

v1.00b
Download: here
Bug fixes:

= Tooltip for agility updated, no longer shows "-235665666 (or some other numbers)"
= Tooltip for agility now correctly shows 2% attack speed and 1 movement speed
= Tooltip for strength and intelligence updated to show 0.05 regen
= Fixed each point of Int giving too much mana from 25 to 15
= Dealing damage to heroes and buildings will also grant gold
= Spawns with 1 and 1 numbers from 3 and 2 to prevent overwhelming forces.
= Fixed Tome of agility to have no cooldown for sales in shop
= Fountain no longer heals enemies and heals 2% from 1% per second
= Spawn will no longer continue after end of game

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 15
Quote:
however the things inside of the content will heavily support in the direction of realism and game play over complexity in many mechanism.
Can you elaborate this part? I just want to hear what you're actually trying to achieve here.

As promised, more details will be released, just want to see what the community feels about it :)

Edit:

Version 1 is out!!!!! Download at patch notes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.