• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Arthas - switching weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Is there a way...
where I can have "Arthas" cast an ability like transformation, where he does the animation to pick up Frostmourne, and while the Ability is active, it switches him to "Arthas (With Frostmourne)" and can do Chaos Damage?

• ConvertArthasToChaos
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Frostmourne (Arthas)
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set udg_ArthasTempUnit = GetTriggerUnit()
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
      • Animation - Play ArthasTempUnit's Stand Fourth animation
      • Animation - Queue ArthasTempUnit's Stand Fifth animation

Attachments

• ArthasFrostmourneTest.w3x
    8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

hdm

hdm

Level 9
Yes, but which ability will you use to transform Arthas ? No transformation ability in Warcraft works for no hero, except to Illidan and that Bear Druid.

I'm not completely sure what you mean.
But here goes.

Arthas picking up Frostmourne is the "Stand - Fifth" animation of the Arthas (Wielding Frostmourne) model.

So you just create an ability from fx. Channel and the the "Art - Animation Names" to "Stand - Fifth".
A better way is probably to just play the animation when the dummy ability is used.

Edit:
Or have the normal Arthas (hammer) replaced by Arthas (Frostmourne) and immediately have him play "Stand - Fourth" follow by "Stand - Fifth".

You should just make an ability based off bear form(or Metamorphosis if you don't want it to be permanent), with the normal unit being Arthras with hammer, and the alternate unit Arthras with Frostmourne.

Then you just do what Solu9 said, and have him play the "Stand - Fifth" animation when he casts the transformation.

Level 16
I edited my first post with a map and trigger.
I tried the same idea from another Animation Ability I made. needless to say, it did not work

EDIT:
I'm not completely sure what you mean.
But here goes.

Arthas picking up Frostmourne is the "Stand - Fifth" animation of the Arthas (Wielding Frostmourne) model.

So you just create an ability from fx. Channel and the the "Art - Animation Names" to "Stand - Fifth".
A better way is probably to just play the animation when the dummy ability is used.

Edit:
Or have the normal Arthas (hammer) replaced by Arthas (Frostmourne) and immediately have him play "Stand - Fourth" follow by "Stand - Fifth".

I did something like what you said I guess, still having issues. (posted and made the map before I saw your post)
You should just make an ability based off bear form(or Metamorphosis if you don't want it to be permanent), with the normal unit being Arthras with hammer, and the alternate unit Arthras with Frostmourne.

Then you just do what Solu9 said, and have him play the "Stand - Fifth" animation when he casts the transformation.

I did based metamorph, not bear form.

You did not read thoroughly enough ;)
It's the Arthas (Frostmourne) that have those animations. "Stand - Fourth" is where he is standing with a hammer and "Stand - Fifth" is where he throws the hammer away and picks up Frostmourne.

If you want the unit normally being Arthas (Hammer) then you need to replace him with Arthas (Frostmourne) and then play the animations. Or use a metamorphosis type spell and transform Arthas (Hammer) into Arthas (Frostmourne) as Strikest said.

Level 16
You did not read thoroughly enough ;)
It's the Arthas (Frostmourne) that have those animations. "Stand - Fourth" is where he is standing with a hammer and "Stand - Fifth" is where he throws the hammer away and picks up Frostmourne.

If you want the unit normally being Arthas (Hammer) then you need to replace him with Arthas (Frostmourne) and then play the animations.
I didnt read it at all when I made the map... I did post that above

and tbh, Everything you just posted, is in that map above... so i didnt need to read it. :)

PS- check the map! it wasn't made for my health ;)

EDIT: I double checked, it should be the arthas (wielding frostmourne) that is doing the animation, I must be blind to not see what I am missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.