• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Aura help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I want to make an aura that heals undead units and drains non-undead units. I tried using the unholy aura and adding a death and decay affect but that didn't work. any help? Tnaks

Level 1
I figured as much, but didn't know what to do. as it's an aura and is always active don't know what condition to put. As well as I want a drain effect like death and decay. to drain say 1% of their health, but the trigger i made to try to use didn't work at all..

Events - Unit - Arthas (Evil) 0000 <gen> Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions - (Ability being cast) Equal to Death Aura
(Race of (Targeted unit)) Not equal to Undead
Action - Unit - Remove Unholy Aura buff from (Targeted unit)
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 1.00 seconds of radius 900.00 at (Center of (Playable map area)), dealing 5.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

tried to test it on an enemy arthas, and didn't do anything. OH well. Other than that. I haven't tried anything else yet. Is there a trigger to cause a % of damage instead of a set amount?

Hmmm on another arthas? did you use evil or living arthas? because if you used evil arthas it wont work lol. And unless this is a solo map you should use - the and condition and have it be the race one and is an enemy of owner of triggering unit.

Also you could use a damage spell like shadow strike and make a dummy caster that casts it on the unit when it gets inside the range of the unit with the aura (that wont hit allies either)

Level 4
because its an aura, i dont think that "Starts the effect of an ability" and "(Ability being cast) Equal to..." are good. You too use race of target unit but you target nothing. You really should use a dummy that cast a spell like on every unit in range around your hero. And this spell will only work for Arthas (Evil) 0000 <gen> too. Hope it help.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Should not this go in the trigger board sections of this site? Since this is not an issue with WE but more a issue with how to trigger something.

Well, anyway you must simply pick all units around the aura giver and see if they are undead (foes) or not, if so order the aura giver to damage them with X damage. Very simple but remember to make sure it does not leak since this kind of thing is well known to cause lag if it leaks, especialy in long games.

Level 1
Hmm. I was trying it on evil arthas vs the human one. hmm, well ill try to see if i can make a dummy caster with immolation or something. I'll post here if i'm able to get it right. Thanks for all the help so far.

Yeah sorry for posting in this thread. I figured recently this wasn't the correct one. but i'm new here so didn't know it was at the time.

Last edited:
Level 1
just a quick question... would it work if i make a dummy ability of the unholy aura and just add negative values for the health regen? I'm reading right now abt the dummy abilities so im learning that... I don't know how i'd do for when the player lvls up his abilities, so the ability of the dummy will lvl as well.. well i'll keep reading about it. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.