• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[B]Age of the Undead[/B]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Main Story
Three months after the first outbreak, humanity is on the verge of extinction. After a viral weapons test went horribly wrong in a part of rural America, the dead are able to live again. America turned into chaos, with the undead conquering Canada and all the northern states within the first week, refugees poured out into the rest of the world. To try and wipe out the undead threat, N.A.T.O agreed to launch ICBMs (Inter Continental Ballistic Missiles) into heavily infected areas. The main explosions did colossal damage to the undead but the surviving undead thrived in the new radiated environment, mutating them into horrors untold. Russia was after the Americas, then Asia, the Middle East, Africa and finally Europe.

However, an old seaside fort-town in the far north of Scotland still survives. Every military unit alive has been united in the struggle to fight against humanity's extinction.

Basic concept
The Human Resistance (8 human players and 1 AI) fight against the Undead Horrors (3 human players) in a defence game. The game will be based on units, not heroes, so you need to try and keep as many as you can alive. (You can buy more at a shop, however they are worse than the special forces you start off with as they are the only ones left).
Zombies periodically get new units available to them (as the mutation gradually gets more).

Some Questions
Q: Will there be only one entrance into the castle (like helms deep)?
A: No, there will be several with some obvious ways and a few secret which you are able to find through playing more. One of the ways is by water, later in the game, the Undead find some boats and learn how to use them.

Q: Will there be an ammo system like NOTD/UA2?
A: I was thinking about it (making normal units have mana as their ammo, when it gets to 0 they have to reload but their clips are unlimited, heroes having lumber as clips) but, I prefer it without (tell me what you think as I can add it later).

Q: Will there be imba heroes like some defences?
A: No, the key will be to use units, the hero will have some good spells and auras but will not be much better than your average unit.

Q: Will there be custom models?
A: Of course.

Q: How far have you got?
A: Terrain is almost done (about 80%) Triggers are about 80% aswell and units are probably 40-50%.

HELP?
The map I will be able to do myself, however when I get to the spells I might need someone to help.

--Screenshots will be posted after terrain is finished--

Level 7
Sounds exciting, but I need screenshots to be sure. Really, why did you include the third question? "Yes there are imba hereos, because I'm a sadistic pyschopath." It's like people on bnet asking the hoster "Is this game good?"

Level 2
Sounds exciting, but I need screenshots to be sure. Really, why did you include the third question? "Yes there are imba hereos, because I'm a sadistic pyschopath." It's like people on bnet asking the hoster "Is this game good?"

Screenies are coming as soon as terrain's finished (hopefully not long), however am having a few terrain issues (should be sorted soonish). And about the third question, some clan members were asking me when I told them about the map, so I didn't want anymore questions like that. Anyways... Anybody know who did the Undead Assault Soldier model and where to find it? (It's got a more army type look than Konstruct marine).

Status
Not open for further replies.