• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Back from the dead, and at it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Some of you probably remember my old map, DBZ Supreme RPG. The map that started the whole DBZ model revolution that caused almost ALL of the current DBZ maps (DBZ Tribute included) to take their shot at custom models, abilities, etc...

Well I'm working on another map, Hostile Takeover. Its an AOS style map based around Mechs, and I've just started working on the models. None of these are skinned yet, and I'm not the greatest at animating but I'll post my progress here, as well as on my forum.

1st Model, Heavy Mech (Possibly Medium Mech.. depends):

Started out with the Torso. Very basic, very low Polys.
clipboard01em7.jpg

Then I added an arm and hand (which is actually a cannon).
clipboard02np2.jpg

clipboard03kt9.jpg

Then I copied/mirrored the new arm and hand to finish off the top half of the Mech.
clipboard05mj2.jpg

clipboard04re3.jpg

At this point, its JUST 150 triangles, and about 45 minutes worth of time involved. Should take me less than 2 hours to finish the entire model (no skinning, yet).

And here I am working on the legs.
clipboard07ab3.jpg

And I'm test fitting the legs and getting ready for the feet.
clipboard08sm4.jpg

And the finished product.
clipboard09fu2.jpg

clipboard010nb3.jpg

310 Triangles, less than 2 hours total. Not sure whether I'll try to animate/skin him first or start on another mech. I'm MUCH better at the modelling part. Skinning takes a while especially on something like this, and I SUCK at animating, so we'll see how that goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
RDZ, I find it extremely ironic that you come in here and start critiquing my models... especially since the only reason I'm forced to make them is because you won't put your models up for download because you didn't like what others had to say about them.

Find something better to do. DER.

Level 23
Custom artwork is a privilege, not a right -- I forced you into nothing. If I've turned you into an artist instead of a freeloader, then that can only be a good thing.

And you'll find the reason they're not available is because I am not happy with them; I don't give a shit what anyone else has to say.

Last edited:
Level 3
Custom artwork is a privilege, not a right -- I forced you into nothing. If I've turned you into an artist instead of a freeloader, then that can only be a good thing.

And you'll find the reason they're not available is because I am not happy with them; I don't give a shit what anyone else has to say.

Funny, thats not what you said in the large chain of private messages we had discussing your models and why you wouldn't let anyone have them again.

Level 23
Funny, thats not what you said in the large chain of private messages we had discussing your models and why you wouldn't let anyone have them again.

I have no memory of this. When was it? If it was 2004, yes, I thought my models were the best thing since sliced bread. If it was 2007+, the matter is entirely different. People change, you know?

EDIT: I suppose, thinking back on it, you're referring to "critique" such as "needs moar polies"? I think you'll find that's a rage-quit, not an emo-quit; saying a design needs more triangles is not a critique, it's a person being an arsehole (and refusing to understand despite numerous attempts to explain my design philosophy). So yes, maybe I did remove my models due to commentary -- but because people are arseholes, not because they gave any legimitate criticism that I blew off. For every arsehole, there were plenty more who slavered over everything I ever released.

Regardless, I dislike this attitude that you have a right to use my models; as SuPa- said, they are mine to do with as I please -- not yours. As you have started making your own, you now have the right to do with them as you please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.