• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] Blighting area changes ground texture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
When using
JASS:
SetBlight                takes player whichPlayer, real x, real y, real radius, boolean addBlight returns nothing
to manually blight or reset blight on an area it changes the ground texture to a different one.
How can I prevent this?
Is this a bug with the gound texture? Do I have to store the ground texture with GetTerrainType() before?

Level 26
Now the infection system looks fine but it does not use blight. I could modify it but I'd like to do it myself. Right now I am trying to get a rect and to store each cell's tile point. Do you know how I have to store each tile point. Do I have to store each X|Y increasing by 1.0 every step or do I have to store each tilepoint with the size of 128 * 128?

How are circles realized? For example if you call:
JASS:
 SetBlight                takes player whichPlayer, real x, real y, real radius, boolean addBlight
Does it basically blight a square and then some tiles at the edges to approximate something like a circle?

If there is no benefit from blighting a circle except that it looks better and makes more sense to the spells area graphic maybe I am just using a simple rect.

Status
Not open for further replies.