• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Boss and its spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey im Gm_Skiller ,mabye some of you know that im working on a new map,
Mabye some of you don't.

Story leading to question : I was bussy making mine 3rd dungeon, and i wanted a special boss fight, but i didn't get it working can you ??

Question : Can you guyz help me with a boss fight ??? - more things : There is 1 Room, Than the Boss Gets to a other Location, Than there are only flame strikes in the Room ???, The boss is somewhere els so it wont get hit, Than you have to move so that you wont get hit by the strikes

Thanks already :cute:

Last edited:
Level 13
Omg, another "plz halp" thread, I love those :D

By using my psychic powers, I've come to the conclusion that you don't have much experience in making such maps. So my suggestion would be: start with something easier. Trust me, you'll be a lot happier with the maps that you made, not the maps consisted of requests.

Level 13
silvenon you are totally rong, i made much maps like hero line wars & green td

Sorry, but I really don't think any of those maps were really finished or any good. It's nothing against you, just a hunch :p

Back to your problem. Usually, when I want to ask a question of that type, I usually try to give as much details as I can, along with a drawing (maybe).

Example:

Hello,

I'm making a TD with my friends and I ran into some problems. I'm experienced in GUI, but I'm not so good with using the Object editor, so I want to ask what is an efficient way of leveling up a tower? I can do it in GUI, but I want to know a proper way, so I don't screw something up.

Btw, in this case, the picture is absolutely useless, but I put it just for an example.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 108
Level 3
Let just forget if im you think im good or not,

list if what i need :
1. Region
2. GUI triggers for the spell Flame Strike
3. That the boss leaves the region and goes to one other region
4. the Flame Strike begins to cast 6 times on a random point in the region
5. afther the 6 strikes the boss comes back

does that clear things up ?? hope so

BTW i can't do anything with mine english

Level 28
BTW i can't do anything with mine english
My English*

Gm_Skiller said:
Let just forget if im you think im good or not
Let's just forget whether you think I'm good or not*
(and much more thing like this)

That doesn't matter, though...

You want a spell that activates when the boss is walking out of a specific region, then he will cast flame strike 6 times on a random point in a region, after that is done, the boss walks back?

Shouldn't be hard... I didn't test this, but it should be something like it.
  • Flame Strike
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit leaves [Region]
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Leaving unit)) Equal to [Boss]
  • Actions
    • Set TempInteger = 0
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Set TempLoc = (Random point in [Region])
        • Unit - Create 1 [Dummy] for Player 12 (Brown) at TempLoc facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
        • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike TempLoc
        • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)
    • Set TempLoc = (Center of [Region])
    • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To TempLoc
That should do it...

Level 3
well i wanted that when the boss gets his health on 75% and on 25% (or just on 50%) the boss will be teleported to a other region (just a spot) and than it will cast 6 times flame strike, afther that the boss gets back in the region where you can fight it agian

(if possible could the boss be invurneble when hes in the other region)

Level 28
Edit:
Posting... and you
(Watch this, it's very usefull!)

It's almost exactly what I have said in my previous post...
Clearly your mapping skills are still lacking, but that isn't a problem... you can learn it here.

GM_skiller said:
(if possible could the boss be invurneble when hes in the other region)
There is an action to do that, it's a basic function that's been used a lot.

• Flame Strike
  • Events
    • Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
    • (Percentage life of No unit) Less than or equal to 55
    • (Percentage life of No unit) Greater than or equal to 45
  • Actions
    • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
    • Unit - Move [Boss] instantly to (Center of TempLoc)
    • Unit - Make [Boss] Invulnerable
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Create 1 [Dummy] for Player 12 (Brown) at TempLoc facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
        • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike TempLoc
        • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    • Set TempLoc = (Center of [Region])
    • Unit - Move [Boss] instantly to (Center of TempLoc)
    • Unit - Make [Boss] Vulnerable

Level 3
thanks i will try that out

sorry to tell but i made mine variables like you said and still the custom script isn't working

Level 13
Yeah, it's a double post.

Lol, ap0calypse, that was a sweet clip about posting, I laughed my ass off :D

Skiller, post your code, maybe you didn't name them exactly the same in the custom script.

Also, note that when he did [], he meant that you should replace that with an actual variable (or just a value). But you probably noticed that. Stop saying "mine", btw :D

Level 13
If and only if that is the case, use this:
  • Set Unit = (Last created unit)
  • Custom script: call RemoveUnit(udg_Unit)
Since I'm not a JASS-user, I don't know for sure this is correct, but I'm about 80% sure ^^

edit:
but if that would leak, why don't casting unit, attacked unit, ... leak? :/

I assure you, it does not leak, I'm a jasser and I believe I should know that.

Hmm, I'll try to explain. For example, when you create a location (called Point in GUI, it is an invisible value made from an existing point on the map, so it is a pointer to that point (lol, a pointer that points to a point :p). Destroying it will not remove that location from the map, because that would be really silly, lol, ("I made a map, but don't put your units on point 1057, -2058, because that point was removed"). So RemoveLocation only removes the pointer to that point (which leaks if not destroyed).

Now, on the other side we have a Unit variable. This variable is also a pointer and it points to a certain unit. But, doing RemoveUnit will remove the unit from the game and I'm guessing that's not what you want to do. But, theoretically speaking, unit also leaks, as it takes a bit of memory, but that unit is visible and needed, while the location is invisible and fills up memory and you're not using it anymore.

However, there are cases when you use a certain point over and over again through the whole game, in that case you don't have to destroy it, because you're reusing it.

If further explanation is needed, I'll be happy to help.

Also, local variables (only in JASS) also need to be nulled (types like unit, location, item etc.) to completely remove the pointer, but globals in GUI don't leak when not nulled, so no worries.

Level 28
Ohh, I know what leaks are :O
Everyone should know that (shame on everyone who doesn't... and read the post above if you don't :p)

You've explained it pretty good ^^ couldn't have done it better myself :p
I know the basics of JASS, since I once wanted to start learning it... but after a while it really seemed a lot of work and, though GUI is limited, it still gives enough possibilities to create a good map.

In short: I'm just too damn lazy to start learning JASS

I always use custom scripts in my map though (not only to remove leaks, but multiboards, for example, are shown to all people in GUI, you can show them to a selection of players (or 1 player) with JASS and it isn't hard ^^)

But that's a little bit off-topic, maybe Gm_Skiller can reply to my previous posts and say if it worked?
(is "Gm" even allowed in the username?)

About the clip:
I love those little things they say/write :D ("And if you just have anything to say..." :D)

Level 3
Guyz you really helpt me out and it worked perfect. . . on a other map
i think i chanced some settings, and that ruind it, well i think its fair to say thank you

but this topic is now closed (for me it is i wont post on it agian) you could go on but i quit this topic

Status
Not open for further replies.