• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Boss fight and trigger commands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have been trying for days to make boss cast an ability when player enters in aggro range, which is also a feature I cant figure out. I have been trying many different GUI triggers where player enters region or certain distance from a boss, and boss casts ability but nothing works and boss just keeps autoattacking.

Also can someone tell me where can I find complete command list for JASS codes? There is no point in learning jass if I dont know commands.

I created this thread in triggers & scripts section but apparently it was not proper section for this issue.

Level 7
What is jngp?

Also, how should i build trigger if i want boss to cast ability if player enters in region? I still cant figure this out.

Level 23
breaking my 1337th post right here, but meh

this is full list of native types and function calls:
http://jass.sourceforge.net/doc/api/common_j-source.shtml
this is list of all globals and functions defined by blizzard in Jass itself
http://jass.sourceforge.net/doc/api/Blizzard_j-source.shtml
I dont recommend most of those, because they are build for GUI, and most of them are useless and just call the native with a bit swapped arguments

I really suggest and recommend using This beauty, because it allows you to view the functions list and search for functions by substrings(you type in Unit and it shows all functions which contain Unit in it) as well as nice highlightning and auto-complete featuers.
It also comes with quite a lot of additions, such as disabling the nasty 8000 destructables limit and allows you to test multiplayer maps on 1 computer with up to 12 wc3's running at the same time

JNGP also allows you to use up to 16 tilesets, whereas normal world editor only allows like what, 8?
JNGP also contains nice colorizer for object editor, allowing you to mix or insert colors by names and do previews of the fields

Last but not least, JNGP allows you to use vJass, the custom non-official update to Jass

I hope this made sense :D

Status
Not open for further replies.