• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Broken UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
After the 1.32.2 patch I run into this problem:
Broken UI.jpg
In earlier versions the black part didn't show and also command buttons 0-4 were hidden, while 5-11 were organized in a line at the bottom of the screen.

JASS:
function Trig_GameUI_Init_Actions takes nothing returns nothing

call BlzHideOriginFrames(true)
    call BlzFrameSetAllPoints(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_WORLD_FRAME, 0), BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_GAME_UI, 0))

// --------------------------

// Portrait
    call BlzFrameSetVisible(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_PORTRAIT,0), true)
    call BlzFrameClearAllPoints(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_PORTRAIT,0))
    call BlzFrameSetAbsPoint(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_PORTRAIT,0), FRAMEPOINT_CENTER, 0.155, 0.538)

// Move Spells
    call BlzFrameSetAbsPoint(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_COMMAND_BUTTON, 5), FRAMEPOINT_TOPLEFT, 0.296, 0.038)
    call BlzFrameSetAbsPoint(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_COMMAND_BUTTON, 6), FRAMEPOINT_TOPLEFT, 0.333, 0.038)
    call BlzFrameSetAbsPoint(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_COMMAND_BUTTON, 7), FRAMEPOINT_TOPLEFT, 0.481, 0.076)
    call BlzFrameSetAbsPoint(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_COMMAND_BUTTON, 8), FRAMEPOINT_TOPLEFT, 0.370, 0.038)
    call BlzFrameSetAbsPoint(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_COMMAND_BUTTON, 9), FRAMEPOINT_TOPLEFT, 0.407, 0.038)
    call BlzFrameSetAbsPoint(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_COMMAND_BUTTON, 10), FRAMEPOINT_TOPLEFT, 0.444, 0.038)
    call BlzFrameSetAbsPoint(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_COMMAND_BUTTON, 11), FRAMEPOINT_TOPLEFT, 0.481, 0.038)

endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_GameUI takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_GameUI = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterTimerEventSingle( gg_trg_GameUI, 0.10 )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_GameUI, function Trig_GameUI_Init_Actions )
endfunction
  • Hide Buttons
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Hide Move/Attack Buttons etc. --------
      • Custom script: call BlzFrameSetSize(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_COMMAND_BUTTON,0), 0.0, 0.0)
      • Custom script: call BlzFrameSetSize(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_COMMAND_BUTTON,1), 0.0, 0.0)
      • Custom script: call BlzFrameSetSize(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_COMMAND_BUTTON,2), 0.0, 0.0)
      • Custom script: call BlzFrameSetSize(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_COMMAND_BUTTON,3), 0.0, 0.0)
      • Custom script: call BlzFrameSetSize(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_COMMAND_BUTTON,4), 0.0, 0.0)
What did blizzard do again? >_<

Test map attached.

EDIT:
I have found a solution to the black box thingy, use this code:
JASS:
        call BlzFrameSetVisible(BlzGetFrameByName("ConsoleUIBackdrop",0), false)
Now only the problem of the command buttons remains...

EDIT 2:
Once again the day has been saved by @Tasyen !

Here is the fix for anybody with the same problem:
JASS:
//Change this:
call BlzFrameSetSize(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_COMMAND_BUTTON,0), 0.0, 0.0)
//To this:
call BlzFrameSetSize(BlzGetFrameByName("CommandButton_0", 0), 0.0, 0.0)

//===========================================================================

//And This:
call BlzFrameSetAbsPoint(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_COMMAND_BUTTON, 5), FRAMEPOINT_TOPLEFT, 0.296, 0.038)
//To This:
call BlzFrameSetAbsPoint(BlzGetFrameByName("CommandButton_5", 0), FRAMEPOINT_TOPLEFT, 0.296, 0.038)
upload_2020-3-10_13-41-0.png

Attachments

• game ui.w3m
    7.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
I mentioned that in the hidden tag in https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/ui-originframes.316034/ in the tab Beta Nov 19 2019
In this reforge beta version the world Frame is fullscreen, but there was a black background box added behind the bottom UI which is not hidden by HideOrigin. It can be hidden with:
call BlzFrameSetVisible(BlzGetFrameByName("ConsoleUIBackdrop",0), false)

In the Beta also new fdf was deployed allowing to access item and Command Buttons over BlzGetFrameByName for some reason in this version moving the frames with their originframe access buggs.
("CommandButton_0", 0)
("CommandButton_11", 0)

("InventoryButton_0", 0)
("InventoryButton_5", 0)

("MiniMapFrame", 0)

And Here: (SOLVED) Hiding UI issues with Reforged (Black bar when hiding UI)

Level 20
@deepstrasz haha I actually pm him after making this post because Tasyen seems to be the only one that knows what he's doing with the UI xD

@Tasyen Yes that's where I actually found the fix for the black box.
But I guess I missed the part with the new fdf, thanks now everything works!

Updated the first post in case anybody else has the same problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.