• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Buffs that stack/don't stack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi, this is more just to share as such rather than a question. But it seems that having two spells based on bloodlust (with different buffs) can't stack. Instead the buff gets overwritten. The same situation happens with Rejuvenation but that also confuses their effects.

On a question note, are there any other buffs that fail to stack that I should avoid? I was using bloodlust to create dummy buffs for custom spells and I'm now looking for an alternative.

Level 12
Most buffs don't stack. This is also the case for buff placers and orbs on attacks.

Some stack partially and some are having very complicated interactions. I (currently) don't have the big amount of time required to write all those rules down in a nice form and I think it would be overkill for your issue. Just refer to line 1 in my post for simplicity and if you need something special ask for that.

Level 12
I'm thinking of using Inner Fire
If an Inner Fire buff is cast on a unit already having one then armor, damage and life regen of the new one will be used but the duration of the longest remaining one.

On this subject, what about Shadow Strike? Does Shadow Strike stack? It's kind of my favorite spell to use...
Don't get me started on shadow strike, its one of the absurd complex ones. Stacking to a certain extent.

It's the only spell that can JUST do damage and no other effect. (The only useful one, anyway)
Some suggestions: chain lightning or forked lightning with 1 target, frost nova or acid bomb with 0 range, healing salve or any triggered ability.

Level 13
Hmm.. I think I'll just have to try different abilities/buffs to see what works. The situation is that I have an item that casts bloodlust onto the holder every second, granting more movement speed the less hp the holder has. And this overwrites the buffs of my custom spells, cancelling them.

Is there any other simple ability that could give movement speed as that would be much easier for me? Cripple could work I guess but the buff would be classed as negative...

Level 12
Or an endurance aura with allowed targets 'self' and different levels maybe? Then you can just set the level via trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.