• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Bug with "Takes Damage" - Event

Level 11
Greetings!
I found a weird problem with my test map.
I tried to make a unit which deal 0 damage to a particular building(tower) and then the tower must use a special effect(heal)
The problem is: this "Takes Damage" - Event will activate the special effect of the trigger even when i don't attack anything. I just move my skeleton around towers and my trigger just activate random. I found that this bug appear only when my tower is a building, but i don't want it to be a unit.

Can someone solve this bug with the tower as a building?

The help will be appreciated!

Attachments

• Experiment Turn.w3m
    18.9 KB · Views: 2

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 65
You're using the wrong Event Response. (Attacked unit) and (Attacking unit) are used with the Event:
  • Unit - A unit is attacked
Damage Events use the (Damage Source) and (Damage Target) Event Responses.

Also, you're using some odd math to Set the Damage, here's a fixed up trigger:
  • Damage
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Takes damage
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Damage Target)) Equal to Scout Tower
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Damage source)) Equal to Skeleton Archer
        • Then - Actions
          • Event Response - Set Damage of Unit Damaged Event to 0.00
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Damage Target) using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        • Else - Actions
          • Event Response - Set Damage of Unit Damaged Event to 1.00
Archers will deal 0 damage to the tower while every other unit will deal 1 damage.

But that aside, I did notice the bug, which is REALLY weird. However, the problem should go away if you create a new map.

I think your current map is haunted :p

Last edited:
Level 11
Hi! Thank you for telling me how to make this trigger properly! The trigger works great and indeed the bug has disappeared after i put this trigger in a new map, but then i started to test again to find out what couse the problem in the first place and i found something really strange.

If you go in Scenario - player properties - and add for example one computer on player blue and that user has few blue towers on the map, the problem appear.
If i put NONE on player 2, the problem dissaper again

It work even in a new map

Last edited: