• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Bwing Animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Illidan(evil)X made a bwing model here:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ghter-50214/?prev=search=b%20wing&d=list&r=20

I'm having trouble with the animations. I used the night elf druid as a base model so it could transform. Here's the problem: there are 3 forms.

Gold - with the bwing laying on its side
<blank> - with the Bwing upright
alternate - with the Bwing's arms open and upright.

Spells and attacks don't work in Gold stance (the bwing immediately goes upright) and transforming goes from blank to alternate but not gold. Even if I make the Bear Unit say "gold" instead of "alternate" in the object editor the animations are not smooth.

Does anyone have experience with this model?

Level 7
Well I dont know about the model but I do know about animation tags and which spells use them.

We've already established that "Alternate" is used when Morphing.
Im not sure where Gold is used but you can probably try "Defend" tags when using the Defend ability. So pretty much just go in and edit the Model Animation Tag for Gold or Blank into Stand Defend.

Then make a Defend ability and give it to the unit. Im not sure how to get all of them working, only 2 out of the 3 enlisted animations.

Status
Not open for further replies.