• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Campaign: The Last Sa'rin: Need team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
The Last Sa'rin (SCRAPPED)

Project has been scrapped due to lack of interest and decent help. Sorry.

Hello everybody. I'm proud to present my new idea for an epic campaign:
The Last Sa'rin

Map Info:

This will be a single-player (Of course, since it's a campaign!), turn-based RPG. You play as the character Argan, who is a Sa'rin (More information on the Sa'rin can be found here).

Along the way, you will acquire some strange traveling companions that help you on your quest for reasons of their own, and they will have their own background stories and quests to give this a true RPG feel.

Basic Storyline:

This is a very basic historic summary:

For thirty long years it constantly rained all over the world. This time is commonly referred to as the Neverending Rains. The Government Council said that the Sa'rin were the ones who caused the Neverending Rains, and set out to slaughter every Sa'rin in the world. They also outlawed swords, and banned their creation. Within five years, the governments had wiped out all the Sa'rin...or so they thought.

Argan (the Sa'rin) has made it his life's goal to find out the true cause of the Neverending Rains. Keeping a low profile proves to be difficult for him, however, and he has to constantly run from the law and fight to survive. Can he find the true source of the Neverending Rains and clear up the name of the Sa'rin?

A much more in-depth synopsis is available to those who join the team. This is basically what you get out of the Prologue and the first imstallment, along with game controls and introductions to main characters.

Characters:

Argan: The Last Sa'rin. He's a blunt fellow who just wants to clear the name of his people. However, when the going gets rough, he's the perfect warrior.

Kalenne: This is the first traveling companion that Argan will pick up. For more information on her, you will have to wait until you play the game!

General Brohn: A ruthless, cold-hearted general of the now-disbanded SSS (Sa'rin Slaughter Squad). He knows that Argan is a Sa'rin, but none of the higher-ups think he's sane after all of the battles he's been in, and disregard his comments on the issue. Secretly, he has retained some portion of the SSS whose sole purpose is to hunt down and kill Argan. You will learn more about General Brohn in-game.

There are many more characters that play various roles throughout the game, but you will have to wait until a later date to learn about them! :thumbs_up:
The Team:

I will be in charge of the Screenwriting, and the overall Map Overlord, excuse me, Project Manager! :grin: I will also help with the Cinematics.

We are currently in need of the following people:

1 Terrainer

1 Advanced Triggerer

1 Modeller

1 Spell/Ability Maker

1 Cinematic Director (Optional)

4-5 Voice Actors, at least 1 of which being Female, if possible

NOTE: These numbers may change in time, and positions may be rearranged or deleted or added. Also, please submit an example of your work (If possible)! If you require additional information on the specific roles each of these will play, please feel free to contact me via pm on the Hive or on my Forum (Link posted below). All participants will receive equal credit, and any who help out will also get credit.

Currently, We have:

Screenwriters:

• Vizel
Terrainers:

• Atticus (All-Rounder)
Triggerers:

Modeller:

Cinematic Director:

Voice Actors:

Forum:

I have already set up a Forum for us to use to communicate. There is an alternate link in my Signature. If you become one of the Team, you will become a Moderator on my Forum to have access to the Map Making Forums. You can find sneak-peaks and more information about the campaign on the Forums!

This Forum is where we will post links to share our work on the map!

Thank you for reading! We also will need beta testers at a later date, though I will not take any at this time.

If you need to get in contact with me, please pm me or feel free to message me on MSN:

[email protected]
Please do not email me, as it will be ignored and deleted without being read.

Last edited:
Level 12
So basically you are doing the story and looking for people to do the rest? It's often good to do something yourself, and not entirely relying on other people to do "your" campaign.

I will do some of the basic terraining, but I'm also Project Manager.

I'm not doing nothing. Think of me as the Director in a movie. I make sure everything goes according to how its supposed to.

okay if i may i would like to be terrainer and tester if i can?

Do you have any examples of your terrain work?

Level 12
@Yearight: Are you good with Jass? Or just GUI? I'm not sure what is going to be needed at this point in time. I'm just curious. But any experience helps! :thumbs_up:

As for seeing some terrained maps, you're gonna have to wait a couple days for that. Atticus just began terraining it last night. My level of work with the WE is not even worth comparing to him, lol.

As for it bring finished, I would be extremely upset if it didn't get finished. But you know, it kind of depends on your idea of finished. In my opinion, there is no such thing as a completely finished map. There is always something to be done. But if you are referring to whether it completes the storyline, eventually, I hope it does. It looks like it may end up being 2 seperate installments (Simply because of the 50 mb upload limit), or perhaps even 3. This is due to the complexity of the storyline, and the level of character development I am striving for.

We still need other roles as well, people! Atticus would like another highly skilled terrainer to work with, and we need triggerers and voice actors, too! And please, if you're good with cinematics, don't be shy! ^^

Level 12
I assure you, the quality of content that Atticus is providing is very high. I'll attach a screenshot of the city wall.
Note, however, that this is by no means a finished product.

Also, please disregard the boxes...it looks much smoother in-game, but I don't feel like messing with the third person camera for a screenshot.

Additionally, I will rework this post to provide further information about the project as it has developed so far.

EDIT: Screenshot is up, and the post has been completely revamped.

Last edited:
Level 6
City

These are just 3 images from the unfinished product of just one city within this campaign.

Last edited:
Level 12
Atticus made my WE screeny look like crap!

Oh well. This is the kind of stuff you will see throughout this campaign, and we need help!

A Triggerer or 2, and another highly-skilled Terrainer who can produce the kind of work Atticus has shown above.

This is a massive project, and Atticus and I can't handle this alone.

Level 2
I can help out with touching up the terrain as well as helping out with the script and cinematic direction if needed. Just send a PM over and I'll get back when I'm next on.

Level 12
Bump! We still have a lot of slots to fill people! This is a massive project! If you're a modeler, it will be a little bit before we are ready to start looking at the models. We want to get the basics in first (Such as the Terrain, the submaps, and the battle system, first off).

Also, if anyone who is good with creating medival-ish looking maps (Like parchment, perhaps?), please let me know either in this thread, or by pming me. I'd like a nice-looking map for the Custom Loading screen of the World Map I'll specify if/when I get a pm as to what I am looking for.

Anyone who contributes will of course be mentioned in the credits!

Level 6
Umm.. Are you sure you don't need help writing the story?

I've done quite a bit of writing around here and could definately give you a few pointers, which I feel your story may need.

Level 12
Are you INSULTING me?!

Just kidding :p

Thats just a VERY general plot that I've supplied here so as not to spoil too much.

Really I don't think i will need much besides some help with stuff like names. I started an index, but it's far from complete, and has many "??" in it where I haven't come up with a name just yet.

Level 12
bump!

Once we get another Terrainer and perhaps an advanced Triggerer (GUI is perfectly fine, as long as you're damn good with it. In fact, it's preferred; that way Atticus and I can work with you.), we can really start getting production on this thing going. Right now as it's basically Atticus and I doing everything, this is going extremely slow. Without some more people to help us out, the game may never be completed! :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.