• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Unsolved] Campaign units, dependencies and tech trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
So, with all the expansions out, adding all the campaign, multiplayer and story dependencies into a map, units in particular get very messy based on what race you're playing, such as zerg randomly not being able to spawn overlords, and nydus networks being greater nydus networks and only spawning greater nydus worms for example.

Is there any way to have one expansion, say LotV as base, and still be able to use campaign and story assets / units etc, or do you have to manually fix every single unit and every single ability to match what you prefer?
Like, in the data editor you can see multiple instances of the same unit grayed out for different dependencies, is it possible to enable any one of them to use in your map?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
That's another thing I disliked about the editor. Supposedly, there is a sort of "order" in which you can apply the mods. If you placed the melee mod on top, then it would supposedly override all others. In the short time I experimented with the editor, though, I never experienced this to be the case. Liberty campaign mod would always be "on top" no matter the order in which I arranged the mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.