• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

can someone help me make these spells?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have a bunch of ideas for spells but to be honest i have no clue how to make them so can someone take me through it step by step? Im good with triggers but I think i need some jass skills to do these.

Spell List
-Enlarge (makes the targeted unit bigger and by doing so it also makes it move and attack slower)

-Blink Flurry (Blinks the hero to the selected unit and attacks it with bonus damage and invunerabilty once, then blinks around and attacks other units and then returns to the original point.

-Nullify (makes heros attacks do nothing for an amount of time)

-Pray (damages all enemy units and heals all friendly units in an area)

-area of darkness (creates an area in which units can become invisible if they stand still and heals hp every second)

-photogeneration (whenever you attack someone you have a percentage of creating an copy of your hero that deals less damage and takes more damage)

-scare (causes the unit that scare is cast on to blink to a random location) actually i think i can do this one

-mindcontrol (i want this one to be able to be cast on heros and it should just make the targeted unit attack its allies.

-freeze (freezes the selected unit for an amount of time and after the time expires it should deal an amount of damage and slow the enemy.

i also need to know how to combine two spells because that would be really helpful

and dam i had so many ideas but now i cant rememeber them all right now but heres the deal. I need a good spell maker to help me out. Im making this new type of game because i want it to be like dota but better and so i can edit it. It would really help if someone could tell me how to do these spells or do them for me and ill add u in the main credits by my name!

Level 7
Well if you are into making an AOS I would recommend in your situation to tag yourself onto a project thats already started, just because you seem to be fairly new to the editor(Many of these ideas are very simple to make). But if you still want help then I can make some of them, and show you spells I've made for my own AOS that involve(In part) the ideas you have there.

Level 10
Hmmm i can help you out on some of these.

Enlarge- Event-Unit starts the effect of ability
Condition-Casting Spell is equal to Enlarge
Actions- Animation: Change Unt's Size (to whatever you want)
Unit: Change triggering unit's movement speed to *desired speed*
****For This Next Part You Will Need A Dummy Unit And A Dummy Spell That Slows Attack Speed****

Unit: Create *dummy unit* at position of triggering unit
Unit: Issue Order With Target- **for the order put the spell you based your dummy spell off of**
Unit:Remove Last Created Unit

Nullify: Very Simple... Just edit curse to reduce damage to the maximum...

Freeze-****REQUIRES DUMMY UNIT AND SPELL AND VARIABLES****

Event: Unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditons: Casting spell is equal to Freeze
Actions: Set Variable-Target Variable=Target unit of ability being cast
-Pause *Targeted Unit Variable*
-Wait *Durration of Spell*
-Create 1 *dummy unit*
-Issue order with target (Spell is a dummy frost nova spell target is *target Variable* Caster is last created unit )
-remove Last Created Unit

Scare- this is super simple as well...

Conditons: Casting spell is equal to Scare
-Create Special effect on origin of *target Variable*
-Move *TargetVariable instantly to random location on entire map

~iplaystarcraft

Level 1
thanks guys but the main reason i didnt know how to do those spells is i couldnt find the right action trigger. so ty for the advice and by the way what is asoi or whatever..?

oh also if you could tell me how to change say the projectile for blizzard ir rain of fire to something else that would also be helpful.

Level 1
oh i almost forgot for the scare one i dont want the unit to blink anywhere on the map cause that would be cheap i jsut want them to blink within a certain range so it will screw them up like say they were attacking you then u use it and they blink over to the far right. that would be good.

Level 10
Scare (Fixed)-
Conditons: Casting spell is equal to Scare
-Create Special effect on origin of *target Variable*
-Move *TargetVariable instantly to random location within range *desired number* of triggering unit.

to change blizzard just go to effects and click blizzard and change the art (it should be the very first thing on the page)

~iplaystarcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.