• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Can tomes be revived?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone knows if tomes can be healed/revived because otherwise you have to recreate them to visually fool players which ends up leaking a little bit of memory per item. Hope that there might be some way to restore its life and item charge.

I already tried the basic methods like set item life and charges, found something interesting with hero action give item. You can give a depleted tome infinitely/around 2.2 billion to any object with a hero inventory even though it has been used. That's one of the tome/item leaks but that's not the one I am trying to counter since you can clean that with triggers by removing the actual item.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
That's one of the tome/item leaks but that's not the one I am trying to counter since you can clean that with triggers by removing the actual item.
Contradictory? The leak is that item removals never remove all resources the item allocated. So how can removing the item suddenly not leak?

The amount of memory leaked per item, unit, etc is so little that it is only a concern after the hundred thousand range. If that is a concern there are likely fundamental design problems with your map.

Contradictory? The leak is that item removals never remove all resources the item allocated. So how can removing the item suddenly not leak?

The amount of memory leaked per item, unit, etc is so little that it is only a concern after the hundred thousand range. If that is a concern there are likely fundamental design problems with your map.

Removing the item fixes the visual leak but items still leak the same amount as a normal unit. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/lab-715/widget-memory-footprint-277476/

Well usually I would agree with you that the design would be a bad one however with hidden inventories that has been made public, item stacking has been made more public and it is a cool feature to play around with however there's still the bug of your actual visual inventory being full making you unable to pick up more items normally even if you have more space in the hidden inventories, a way around this would be tomes/powerups.

Edit: When you give a dead/depleted tome to a unit/hero with the proper inventory, it plays its effect on the object and death animation where the tome was first used.

Status
Not open for further replies.