• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Can't get a unit to have an attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So basically, I have a unit based off of Wisp that's supposed to only attack when ordered to. Well, it half works, as it never attacks at all, and checking its status bar reveals that the attack I gave it isn't there.

Yes, I set Attacks Enabled to Attack 1 Only. Yes, I added all the attack properties to what I need them to be (with a Weapon Type of Artillery (Line)). Yes, even when I set Acquisition Range to an actual number and gave it the Attack ability. Nothing worked.

So are Wisps and those based off of them hardcoded to not be able to attack? I know it's not the fact that the Wisp has no attack animation; I've seen plenty of maps where the units had no attack animation, and even then there's no change when I change the model. It still doesn't attack, it still doesn't show any attack, and I have no idea what I'm missing.

So, does anyone have any ideas?

Level 2
I just did and tested it, and it still just sat there and did nothing at all. Even when attempting to manually attack with it, it lacks any sort of buttons (it can't move nor does it have any abilities, so all that should be there are attack and attack ground anyway) and only has its armor info on the status bar.

Other tests, like simply using another unit as a base and see if it happened for other weapon types resulted in the exact same thing. Messing with the attack point, backswing and cooldown seem to do nothing.

Does anyone know what's happening here? The other unit I based it on was the footman, and when I gave it the Wisp model it had no attacks; granted, I didn't test it before giving it the Wisp model, but when I changed it to something else it still couldn't attack.

Level 25
attachment.php

attachment.php

Double check your unit editor as per the screenies.

Are you sure you don't mean to ask about the wisps attack animation? Because in that case no, it doesn't have an attack animation.

Attachments

• sdfdsfds.png
    sdfdsfds.png
    588.7 KB · Views: 993
  • od.jpg
    od.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 761
Level 2
Yn9Dt.jpg

ztvmn.png

Weapon Type set to missle simply to show it's not weirdness with its actual weapon type.

So yeah, unless I'm missing something stupid I don't see why it shouldn't be able to attack. It isn't supposed to move, if you're wondering about the lack of all the other buttons.

Also, what I'm trying to do (see: make a projectile that fires straight ahead and damages the first enemy it hits and then dies) is neither something Artillery (Line) nor Missile (Line) do, is it.

Level 25
Level 12
if you want them to deal only 5 damage (not more and not less). then set the
Base damage to 4
Damage Number of Dice to 1
Damage Sides per Die to 1

the calculation is like this :

(Base + Dice)....(Base + (Dice x Sides))

(4 + 1)....(4 + (1 x 1))
= 5...5 / 5 - 5 (the '-' is 'to' so the damage will be from 5 to 5)

Level 2
Well, that's certainly a silly requirement. I guess it makes sense and all, though, since how attack upgrades work by default.

On another note, the simple fireball spell seems exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.