• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Can't get the attachments to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey, first of all you should know that I have read the tutorial(s) here on the site, and I have searched for solutions. But I still can't get it to work. I've tried triggers and modifying items and all, but in some strange way it just won't work.

Can anyone explain in a detailed way or maybe give som hints on what I may be doing wrong? I can show you what my trigger looks like, and to me it seems logical...

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Aquires an item
  • Conditions
    • (Matching item) Equal to Claws of Attack +12 0002 <gen>
  • Actions
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the right hand of (Triggering unit) using war3mapImported(theimporthere)
Im using the claws of attack item right now for testing.

Level 7
its easier to go to the object editor and at abilities look for Item Damage Bonus (+12) or what ever your item has or you can simply make an ability just for the attachment points.
After you made it go to Art-Target where you add the model and at the attachment point put where you want it to appear. Voila :)

Level 10
its easier to go to the object editor and at abilities look for Item Damage Bonus (+12) or what ever your item has or you can simply make an ability just for the attachment points.
After you made it go to Art-Target where you add the model and at the attachment point put where you want it to appear. Voila :)

Holy hell, that worked. But as I read it and did what you've written, I saw that I haven't been in that menu and changed. When I changed the ability first I did something completely different. +rep

And I changed the "right hand" to hand,right in the trigger, but that still didn't work. Anyway it works with the items and that was what I intended to do so... Problem solved!

EDIT: Alright there's one more thing I need help with now and it kinda belong to attachments so I'll ask here;
I have downloaded the Villager model, how do I make him use different animations when attacking enemies? I don't want him to attack like he is using a twohanded weapon when he only has one and a shield, you know? Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 18
"Right hand" and "left hand" work just as well, if I'm not mistaken.

normally it should, it doesn't metter if you're using one string with "left hand" or "right hand" or two strings with "left" or "right" and the "hand" string.. both ways should work..

@Ziggen
If you importe the model into your map, and you're using it, by replacing some other units default model, then you'll see a preview of the model at the left side of the world editor.. you can browse through the animations there, while watching them.. just choose the one you like and get the name of it, after that you can order it do play this animation on attacks if he has some items like shield and one-handed weapons.. etc

Level 18
You edit Sphere ability and then add it to item. So simple.

I think that's already done sheep :p he asked another Question already ;)

Uhm the trigger should be similar to this:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit is attacked
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • If
      • << The ones you like (item in inventory, or set some boolean values to true or false if he has some weapons like special effects and then just check it here), for example: >>
      • Attacking unit has a item of type "abc"
    • Then
      • Unit - play attacking unit's "xyz" Animation
    • Else
      • << play another animation instead, or just cancel the action or whatever you like >>

Level 20
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Longsword
    • Then - Actions
      • Animation - Add the channel animation tag to (Triggering unit)
    • Else - Actions
This is if you want to change anims for 40 anim villager. Or what is your problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.