• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Can't Host? Don't Know Why? Come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hey. I've got some else information about why you can't host and what could help you. (I know it's start to get reading text without eyecandies, but I know how to help that: "READ!!")

The Internet provider (company) you use has not got too much money, so it can't support too much users with different IPs. So Internet provider buys many same IPs and separates those IPs by users. When IPs are the same they are called virtual.

Since battle.net 's host system is whole based on host, I mean that all packets first go from a player to the host, and then from the host to all other players, except the chat. Hosts with virtual IPs are very slow, so no one can even join them, but theoretically, a few of poor Internet providers somehow may host, so there might be a chance that you would host but for a short period of time.

You may get yourself hosting after a few years, when all Internet providers actually get average. If you get a different Internet provider, it might won't help, because, for example in Moscow, everyone everywhere is poor. In America, Texas, Houston, where I came from Moscow for holidays, everyone is non-poor, so all who are in Houston can host.

You can also search wikipedia.org for "Virtual IP Address".

You may react on this in four ways:
  1. :confused:
  2. :sad:
  3. :angry:
  4. :razz:

Last edited:
Level 1
:grin:Just open some ports. Start the internet explorer, then write your IP and you'll come to your "routersite".
Go to options in Wc3 and the click "gameplay" there you'll see wich port you must open to create games. Then go to the "routersite" and just opne the port. You must search after the link that opens the "portopener", this will not probably work the first try but just spam until you can create :D.:grin:

Level 10
Duh this is bit useless post, there are tutorials how to configure firewall and router so you can host! Here is tutorial how to configure those things...

Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f456/hosting-games-router-software-configuration-5888/

And you are wrong you are 1000% Wrong i dont know who teached you these false lies, but you are very wrong :hohum:

ONLY why ppl cant host is thats why cuz they got protection program what blocks your port like firewall , firewall needs not only exception on Warcraft but on your port too, well default port is 6112, advanced is when you got router it blocks your port too but its configuration is 2x harder than firewall configuration, thats why go to tutorial where i put this link, dont confuse ppl with false lies...

Level 2
Ok, I don't know what's wrong on your computer but do you want to know what's strange? I can host on warcraft III reign of chaos but not frozen throne.

Last edited:
Level 10
well on firewall exceptions TFT isnt added automaticly so add it , if it is not that problem there must be another protection program what affects internet and must be configured or turned off...

Also if you got Vista, some Vista versions got bonus defence programs, must be turned off or configured, But mby if you got Vista better help would be here:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f456/configuring-warcraft-iii-vista-40882/

Also if your mbits/sec are too high that your computer cant keep with it up (It can be noticed if you got mass disconnects in battle.net) you must decrease it...

Same for Low mbits/sec (Can be noticed if your internet runs very low and in battle.net your dl is slow everywhere) , must be increased

If you got still nothing its beyond my reach, contact expert...

Status
Not open for further replies.