• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Changing a Hero's Primary Attribute

Level 7
I need a way to change the Primary Attribute of a hero and I've done my research and found out that it's impossible. Unfortunately I need it anyways.

This method (hero passive transformation) doesn't work after lots of testing, even though some people insist that it does. This method that actually can change the attribute is beyond impractical and could never be used during actual play. And of course the Reforged trigger (Set Unit Intenger Field) that should allow you to simply do it doesn't work since Blizzard only added half of those to troll us.

Sooo, any other ideas? Methods like a hidden unit or Replace unit are off the table since I need to retain everything, buffs, spells, items, you name it.

Level 21
Well spells and items are pretty easy to carry over with Replace unit, the only caveat would be buffs but unless your hero is able to change attribute during combat (which shouldn't be a thing tbh), that's an acceptable loss given options are pretty limited

Level 7
Well spells and items are pretty easy to carry over with Replace unit, the only caveat would be buffs but unless your hero is able to change attribute during combat (which shouldn't be a thing tbh), that's an acceptable loss given options are pretty limited
Well no buffs are definitely needed to carry over in my case, so Replace unit isn't going to work. It's a toggle back and forth so it would also be usable during combat.