• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Codenamed Realm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I havnt posted it yet on this sight but if you've been reading on Wc3campaigns you might have heard the Zelda mod has been delayed because i cant access that computer due to some family issues. So to waste away some time im starting another project until i have access to that computer.

This project is gonna be a turn based RPG (that Hero PRG on wc3campaigns is just too awesome, gave me the idea). It is set in a medival world where technology has run amok and 5 races are fighting over control of this technology. These five factions are:
1.The Alki Kingdom - an elven-like race with moderate technolgy, the side the main hero initially fights for.
2.The Largok Union - A race of ungulate goat-like creature who posses the best technology. The main villian is of this race.
3.The Shistan Regime - This reptilian race is still in its medieval roots, they prefer Halberds and spears over machine guns. They are extreamly violent.
4. The Huskus Dominion - These mantis creatures are incredibly religious and despise the use of technology. They wage war with all who use tech.
5. The Altheas Empire - No one knowns what these reclusive beings look like, only that they are pissed and are attacking all the different factions.

Ive already got the whole story down, and it will revolve around a bounty hunter named Loroc who never takes his mask off and how he is recruited by one of the factions to wage a seemingly pointless war. It opens up with Loroc entering an Alki city under attack by a huge contigent of Largok Tanks. Loroc orders the defending Alki troops to abandon the city while he stays behind and covers their retreat. The story will then follow Loroc as he guides the few remaining soldiers back to Alki territory. From there the story will diverge but i dont want to give away too much plot details.

So far i have these as the characters that will join Loroc but there may be more or less depending on if they fit in the story. They are listed in the order that they join:
1.Loroc - the main character, he never takes of his mask so his race is unknown
2.Commander Bayarthon - An Alki commando who is skilled with a chaingun
3.Alysta - This Shistan bounty hunter joins the party after being captured and interrogated by the Alki.
4.Norin - Appearing to be a child at first, this mysterious creature turns out being a genetically engineered weapon for use by the Alki to harness the "Realm" Device.
5.Zal - This Alki assassin joins up with Loroc after being held captive by the Altheas for a decade in stasis. He has a very deep hatred for the Altheas as you may expect.
6.Nickgal - This Huskus warrior has lost his faith in the religion, and decides to tag along with Loroc to escape from his race's twisted veiw on technology.
7.Unit 095 - This Largok warrior defects to aid Loroc after his wife is murdered by his own people. His real name is never stated.

I've got the models for the heros, so ill give credit to these ppl for a job well done. You can get most of these at wc3sear.ch

Loroc by: BlackStan/BlinkBoy
Bayarthon by: Hellbane and Obs
Alysta by: Jigarel, Nasrudin (i still want a more reptilian model for her)
Norin by: CommunistCyan
Zal by: republicola
Nickgal by: Burning_Dragoon5 (gotta love the carnifex )
Unit095 by: cloitaire

****Update 12-22-06***********
Progress is going along well with the project... my terrain still is mediocre though. Anyway... im adding some pics of the heros and some background info on them.

Attachments

• Herogrouppic02.JPG
    Herogrouppic02.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 214
  • Zal01.JPG
    Zal01.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 236
  • Norin01.JPG
    Norin01.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 276
  • Alysta01.JPG
    Alysta01.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 252
  • Bayarthon01.JPG
    Bayarthon01.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 185
  • Loroc01.JPG
    Loroc01.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 234
  • Nikgal01.JPG
    Nikgal01.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 166
  • Unit09501.JPG
    Unit09501.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Level 3
Progress is a bit slow on the project but ive managed to get the first 20 minutes of play done. Ive changed the story around a bit, instead of starting out in the middle of the war it starts 10 years earlier before the war starts. I'm going to add another hero and i might take out one but so far thats the only thing i've changed. Also i'm almost done with the overworld map so ill post a map of it soon so you can get a feel to where this story takes place.

Im still looking for anyone intersted in creating models (you will get full credit and lots of +rep)

Level 3
The project is going somewhat slow.... but ive managed to get quite a bit done. I have the overworld map done so ill post pictures of it so you can get an idea of where it all takes place. Every city and local will be accesible, each with their own map (even though most of the cities are just sidequests)

Here's more details on the different factions

The Alki Kingdom - Being the most widespread empire, the Alki hold vast military and economic power. Also benifiting from a high population, the Alki are never short on manpower when it comes to a fight. The Alki have been at war with every faction at least once, though they have maintained steady peace with the Huskus Dominion and the Altheas Empire.

The Largok Union - Holding teritory to the north in the Xou mountain ranges, the Largoks have barely expanded considering they have developed superior technology. They are heavily industrial, their lush forests are steadily being destroyed to supply their war machine. Though they are not as numerous as the Alki, they have the benefit of better technology such as rifles and tanks. The Largoks have only been at war with the Alki and the Shistan Regime.

The Shistan Regime - The Shistan's have continually been at civil war with themselves, and as such have killed off most of their population. They are technologically primative and have a a dying economy considering they dwell in the Yournac Desert. Only their sheer endurance and will has kept them from wiping themselves out to extinction. Being hostile to anything, the Shistans have been at war with all the factions.

The Huskus Dominion - Having their religion as their main concern, the Huskus have done little to participate in the wars against their enemies. They are surprisingly economic considering their homeland is the barren Guorloch Wasteland with no natural resources. They have only been at war with the Alki and Shistans, primarily because they were forced into conflict with them.

The Altheas Empire - Virtually nothing is known about them to the other empires, only that they inhabit a giant swampland known as the Qan Mire. Recently they have become very active in the conflicts with the other empires. Though they have been considered at war with the Alki and Shistans, they have never truely participated in any skirmishes against the two factions.

Attachments

• map01.JPG
    map01.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 207
  • map02.JPG
    map02.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 221
Level 1
Looks very intersting and I like the way the overview looks and also the info given and the plot. This will be interesting to play when it comes out. Good job so far in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.