• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Unsolved] Constructing buildings on other buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi

I'm working on a RTS-map. I'd like to make each races main building only placeable on certain spots on the map. (Expansion locations)

I think the best way to do this would be to make it so that main buildings could only be placed on dummy buildings that are preplaced on map. (Similar to how refinery requires a vespene geyser) Same functionality can also be found in Age of Mythology.

I haven't been able to make this work. If I've understood right, refinery checks for vespene geyser by using validator 'Has Vespene'. I don't want my main building dummy unit to have harvestable resources, and I don't want it to say 'Vespene: 1250', so I can't use same validator with my unit. Is there a way to make validator to check for specific unit? Are there any validator tutorials out there? All help is appreciated. If there is an easier way to implement the functionality I'm looking for, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.