• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Contest Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Not a submission, but a suggestion for the contest threads. I'm really lazy, and having to read each contest title to figure out what stage that contest is in is far too much work. I propose that each contest is prefixed with a tag that would let you know if it's a poll, results, or the actual contest. For example:

[Ongoing] Zypher Contest #5 - Summons
[Voting] Terraining Contest 102 - Outer Space Using Only Unit Models And The Colour Periwinkle.
[Results] Short Story Contest #3 - Drama

Something like that. What would be even better, for this "Hive 2", would be a divider to separate the threads into these categories.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Most of the contest threads are tagged, but on the end. I, at least, always tag the contests according to what stage it is. That is, no tag for the contest itself, affixed "Poll" when it's in the voting process and affixed "Results" when it is the results.

I agree, though, having the different stages divided into categories could be a better solution.

And while we're on the subject of contests and Hive 2.0 - make it so the notices are automatically generated when a new thread is made/moved to the contest/poll/result category.

Level 34
I realize that shiiK, but I thought it would be more aesthetically pleasing and simpler to read to have the tags before the names of the contests. I agree with having no tag for the ongoing contests though.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Oh, I must've misread, I had the impression you said you had to read the whole thread to figure out what part of the process it was in. My bad.

I personally can't see the difference between having the tags in front rather than at the end, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.