• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Copy entire terrains/landscape from one map to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I just want to ask if this is possible or not. In case i want to keep all contents of one map, start making terrains on another map then copy/paste it all over by switching windows between maps. This should save much more time-consuming, especially in creating campaign.

Level 14
For the terrain (not destructables and doodads) one can modify the W3E file directly using a third party library. I wrote such a library for JAVA which allows modification at a terrain node level. This requires understanding of programming to do sensible modifications.

Sadly, i don't know how to do it.

I got better solution. Maybe i am just make a copy of the original map and then edit terrain right into it. Can i remove entire terrain in the map to something like a "new map" but still keep all other data inside?

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I got better solution. Maybe i am just make a copy of the original map and then edit terrain right into it. Can i remove entire terrain in the map to something like a "new map" but still keep all other data inside?
One can move the entire mesh file to another map and it will work as long as it is consistent with other files such as the shadow map and pathing map files.

Status
Not open for further replies.