• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Curse of Time RPG: Nevermore v1.35c

Contents

CoT RPG Nevermore v1.35b (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
1. Choose a Hero unit's order icons (Stop, Move etc.) do not have DISBTNs (green squares on F10/pause). Use these to create the necessary icons: Button Manager v1.8.2 BLP Lab v0.5.0 Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons How to Make an Icon 2. First...
deepstrasz
I see this is all being updated once in a while. That's a good sign of... Approval.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
1. Choose a Hero unit's order icons (Stop, Move etc.) do not have DISBTNs (green squares on F10/pause). Use these to create the necessary icons:
Button Manager v1.8.2
BLP Lab v0.5.0
Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons
How to Make an Icon
2. First three heroes (+Arcane Warrior) in the Column have the same icon; the Master Rogue doesn't have a DISBTN.
3. Hero Abilities and Arcane Warrior's Skills have no DISBTN. Lumber item icons have no DISBTN.
4. You could make all spells QWERT or better WERTY or somehow easier and faster to access through the keyboard.
5. No idea what Iterm Removal countdown timer is but it starts and runs throughout the intro cinematic scene too.
6. Not sure if all set items/recipes should look like a moon and stars icon or if all those (units=Chaos Warlock) selling them should look the same.
7. Every/most quest giver(s) look(s) the same (Militia).
8. Sometimes it's hard to differentiate a villager from a shop (Female Villager).
9. Not sure if intended or not but you can carry two items of the same type (even the same item twice).
10. There is no direction given where to go to first. Quest description do not mention the place or direction where said task is supposed to be carried out. Powerful creatures are mixed with weaker ones and so on.
11. Terrain is pretty much flat and doesn't really have much doodads either.
12. Experience gain is painful (on killing monsters).

Overall the map seems to have a chaotic design.

Awaiting Update.

=============================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Level 7
Thanks for the appointments, this game is very old and I'm absolutely doing my best to do it all the fixes it deserves. I will try to rescue all possible models and icons to find their original creator and give their apropriaste credits.

Level 2
there's something really wrong with the code when you're trying to load it. it instantly crashed the game "fatal error" :( is there anyway i can load my character ?

Level 5
1. Choose a Hero unit's order icons (Stop, Move etc.) do not have DISBTNs (green squares on F10/pause). Use these to create the necessary icons:
Button Manager v1.8.2
BLP Lab v0.5.0
Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons
How to Make an Icon
2. First three heroes (+Arcane Warrior) in the Column have the same icon; the Master Rogue doesn't have a DISBTN.
3. Hero Abilities and Arcane Warrior's Skills have no DISBTN. Lumber item icons have no DISBTN.
4. You could make all spells QWERT or better WERTY or somehow easier and faster to access through the keyboard.
5. No idea what Iterm Removal countdown timer is but it starts and runs throughout the intro cinematic scene too.
6. Not sure if all set items/recipes should look like a moon and stars icon or if all those (units=Chaos Warlock) selling them should look the same.
7. Every/most quest giver(s) look(s) the same (Militia).
8. Sometimes it's hard to differentiate a villager from a shop (Female Villager).
9. Not sure if intended or not but you can carry two items of the same type (even the same item twice).
10. There is no direction given where to go to first. Quest description do not mention the place or direction where said task is supposed to be carried out. Powerful creatures are mixed with weaker ones and so on.
11. Terrain is pretty much flat and doesn't really have much doodads either.
12. Experience gain is painful (on killing monsters).

Overall the map seems to have a chaotic design.

Awaiting Update.

=============================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

It is tricky to gain exp but the best thing to do in solo is: start a new game then pick up whichever hero you like then buy naga race and save.
Restart,load and you have now 1000 gold and 500 wood and the naga race to place somewhere.
at the start it is night so you can just run quickly to one base and build your naga town hall and then build some miners and spam the blood elf wisps: you should try getting as many of them as possible.
Get back to town and sell wood to train more wisps and do that until all the trees of your base are being mined.
(also possibly try fighting some monsters and at the two first new games destroy the town crates near the tauren slaver)
Then get a zeppelin and start exploiting the trees on all the map.
When you have maximum wisps buy a lot of tomes and do a lot of fights in the arena(it is less filled of randomly overpowered monsters than the rest of the game)
Alternatively let the game run on its own and do something else while the wisps are mining and go to the game twice to get the super wood then with the super wood buy the automatic super wood converter(converts regular wood in super wood) then do other stuff while the game is stockpiling superwood then later use all that superwood to buy tomes.
Now with insane stats you are going to gain exp by killing tons of stuff.
Yes it is the most boring way ever to play but I have never succeeded to reach a gold gaining rate higher than the wisp mining.
Oh and I still have not found what happens when you have the three keys and I have no idea where to research the third key maybe the gameplay becomes more interesting and less dumb but since the map creator is not intending to tell how to play stuff more interesting than "get wisps get stats get levels and do the quests" Then I guess I will not be able to test the later parts.

The item removal cooldown is a repeating timer who triggers the removal of some items(not all the items on the map only some of them)

there's something really wrong with the code when you're trying to load it. it instantly crashed the game "fatal error" :( is there anyway i can load my character ?

loading game does not works(I try in my maps to make it work but others do not always do that) but you can type -save to save the stats of your hero(it will be in the game cache in solo or it will give you annoying super long codes to copy if in multiplayer) then you can type -load to get the hero you have in game cache or type -load ezkjehde'rhuidey'rfhjydsgdzehygdshzgbedhysyteydgyezydxgyh or another similarly long annoying code(yes the map needs tons of data for saving heroes because there is tons of items) if in multiplayer to get your hero back(not everything is saved: it do not save too high stats(it instead caps them)) but it works only for your hero and not your super awesome moon base with 300 blood elf wisps or whatever.

You're seriously continue to update this map ?
because i Like it, it's my favorite :)
Did you get the three keys? Where can I get them?
(I really needs it if I want to test and I did made my hero walk all over the map and kills everything it did meet and it did get only two keys so basically I now walk around with a 30000 int hero(yes enemies are stupidly long to kill because of the mechanic called armour which should be removed in rpgs using high stats in warcraft 3(or damage should scale in a quadratic way) so I did get 10 times more in my main stat than in the others) and no way to find what to do next)

Last edited:
Level 2
loading game does not works(I try in my maps to make it work but others do not always do that) but you can type -save to save the stats of your hero(it will be in the game cache in solo or it will give you annoying super long codes to copy if in multiplayer) then you can type -load to get the hero you have in game cache or type -load ezkjehde'rhuidey'rfhjydsgdzehygdshzgbedhysyteydgyezydxgyh or another similarly long annoying code(yes the map needs tons of data for saving heroes because there is tons of items) if in multiplayer to get your hero back(not everything is saved: it do not save too high stats(it instead caps them)) but it works only for your hero and not your super awesome moon base with 300 blood elf wisps or whatever.

i'm using version 1.30.1b and i'm not using dark savior so when i save code pop up (multiplayer) but when i'm trying to load BOOM "Fatal error" i'm looking for solution asap :<

Level 7
i'm using version 1.30.1b and i'm not using dark savior so when i save code pop up (multiplayer) but when i'm trying to load BOOM "Fatal error" i'm looking for solution asap :<
A lot people complained about this problem.

Most of them were related to their WC3 version. Probably, if you update to 1.28.2 it will load like normal.

The save feature creates a text file with your code in the path described in the changelog ("Documents/Warcraft III/CustomMapData/CoT PoM FoC N/").

Last edited:
Level 2
A lot people complained about this problem.

Most of them were related to their WC3 version. Probably, if you update to 1.28.2 it will load like normal..

i'm currently using version 1.24 and i'm having trouble updating to 1.28.2 so is there any other ways else i could load my character ?

Level 7
i'm currently using version 1.24 and i'm having trouble updating to 1.28.2 so is there any other ways else i could load my character ?
Could you try to update it to at least 1.27?

EDIT:

Added all the linked resourced list. I'll gladly any missing one you spot.

Last edited:
Level 2
i play this game with my little brother on lan and its not working at all right now

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_060617_001857_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_060617_001857_02.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 982
Level 7
i play this game with my little brother on lan and its not working at all right now
Sorry, the version it downloaded is probably the broken one (1.30.2). Download the reverted version (1.30.1) and it should be fine.
just asking how to fix the bag glitching ? i load my code and my bag only lvl 1 it dropped my items :< and it won't move
I'm not sure why this problem is happening. Please, try to use only the first slots and not the last ones.

Level 2
loaded my hero was lvl 120 or something had most of the pre god items, my hero attack speed was super slow removing/equipping items didn't change anything. Was playing phoenix ranger.
Edit : it seems like the chronos stone is causing the bug when loading and replaceing or removing it.

Last edited:
Level 7
loaded my hero was lvl 120 or something had most of the pre god items, my hero attack speed was super slow removing/equipping items didn't change anything. Was playing phoenix ranger.
Edit : it seems like the chronos stone is causing the bug when loading and replaceing or removing it.
I will take a look into it.

Level 1
Permission proof?
HotwerNevermore has my full permission to make any and all changes that he deems necessary.
I stopped creation of the map around 6 years ago. Due to multiple errors that came about as a result of adding more things - which all sort of made the map unstable. I left the map in a semi-unstable state, but a state that made creating more additions difficult. Although I resolved myself that I would not mind whatever additions that the people after me would make, I am still nonetheless very pleased about what HotwerNevermore has done so far. I believe that making a more polished mod version(re-mastered, if you will) is something that the game desperately needed.

I never gave full credit to the authors of various content that I used in my game all those years ago. I blame it on my naive young self, and if it is rectified that would also help me be more at peace. However, this is a difficult thing to do at this point as I have used a lot of resources without credit to date. Nevertheless, I hope you can appreciate the effort that HotwerNevermore is doing in fulfilling this difficult task.

Furthermore, I also realize that this post alone may not prove my identity. Therefore, I have also posted on my website containing a link to this page.

Thank you for all of your efforts to date and in the future, HotwerNevermore!

Level 7
HotwerNevermore has my full permission to make any and all changes that he deems necessary.
I stopped creation of the map around 6 years ago. Due to multiple errors that came about as a result of adding more things - which all sort of made the map unstable. I left the map in a semi-unstable state, but a state that made creating more additions difficult. Although I resolved myself that I would not mind whatever additions that the people after me would make, I am still nonetheless very pleased about what HotwerNevermore has done so far. I believe that making a more polished mod version(re-mastered, if you will) is something that the game desperately needed.

I never gave full credit to the authors of various content that I used in my game all those years ago. I blame it on my naive young self, and if it is rectified that would also help me be more at peace. However, this is a difficult thing to do at this point as I have used a lot of resources without credit to date. Nevertheless, I hope you can appreciate the effort that HotwerNevermore is doing in fulfilling this difficult task.

Furthermore, I also realize that this post alone may not prove my identity. Therefore, I have also posted on my website containing a link to this page.

Thank you for all of your efforts to date and in the future, HotwerNevermore!
Thank you so much, DK!
Thank you for taking up the time to get in here giving me permission so I can continue your work! And also, thank your for maintaining this lovely map long ago, you may never noticed how many hearts you probably grabbed with it.

Level 1
Thank you so much, DK!
Thank you for taking up the time to get in here giving me permission so I can continue your work! And also, thank your for maintaining this lovely map long ago, you may never noticed how many hearts you probably grabbed with it.
No problem. At that time, I was only interested in making the map that I myself wanted to play. Along the way, people also became interested and joined the effort. It was a great experience, and I hope you also find something. Good luck!

Level 2
I think you should add cam commands to the game, they really make the game more enjoyable ^^ There is a lot of them on here if you dont want to make one yourself :p

Level 2
Master rogue is supposed to have dagger and leather profficiency, but when you equip chaos dagger and leather they go broken state. -pf command shows he doesn't have any....

Level 7
how to get access to cache files?
(map is nice but my connection not rly helping to play online so often so need grind offline)
Just type -load without any code, and it shoud load normally (be aware of everything I stated on the first changelog).

Level 2
My Garena won't allow me to use version 1.27.1 so i'm kinda stuck out here. It worked 2 days ago and now it won't work anymore so i need a little help

Level 1
are you planning to bring back the other heroes over time, or just run one alter for a while?

Also, r u looking for assistance in developing this further?
I made some of my own mods to the map as I played with friends and can email you if u want to see the kind of work I do.

Level 5
Is dark summoner a hero that is supposed to have an hard time dealing enough damage?
Basically I reached 65000 int and equipped sassy brawler,medean curse and iron golem weapon(the thing with 50% of X6 damage) and it still takes a whole lot of time to kill anything with armour that is not reduced to 0.(ps I summon stuff too but I do not have yet the level 400 skill for improving summons. will that skill change a lot of things?)
Would summoner be op if the critical boost items and orb effects did apply to minions?

Level 7
My Garena won't allow me to use version 1.27.1 so i'm kinda stuck out here. It worked 2 days ago and now it won't work anymore so i need a little help
Sorry, but I don't think there's much I can do for you right now. You should try to play using on Battle.net or Tunngle

are you planning to bring back the other heroes over time, or just run one alter for a while?

Also, r u looking for assistance in developing this further?
I made some of my own mods to the map as I played with friends and can email you if u want to see the kind of work I do.
Yes, next will probably the Tri Fire Mage. If you're really interested in helping with the map, send me a PM so we can discuss that.

Is dark summoner a hero that is supposed to have an hard time dealing enough damage?
Basically I reached 65000 int and equipped sassy brawler,medean curse and iron golem weapon(the thing with 50% of X6 damage) and it still takes a whole lot of time to kill anything with armour that is not reduced to 0.(ps I summon stuff too but I do not have yet the level 400 skill for improving summons. will that skill change a lot of things?)
Would summoner be op if the critical boost items and orb effects did apply to minions?
It's a bit hard to do that, but I dont think it would be that OP. But before that, I do intend to rebalace all classes (And I will focus on that rather adding new heroes).

Just to make it very clear: I will add more content to the game, but that's not my focus. My main objective is to make the game as more polished as possible, not to make it my own game.

Level 5
One of the big problems in balancing stuff with default warcraft 3 heroes is that agility increase dps and armour for the first 400 points but after that it stops increasing dps because you reached the maximum attack rate boost of 400%(which is why every item ever giving attack rate boost is basically useless because it is capped and the cap is reached by taking a bunch of tomes) but your armour keeps increasing to when you increase all the three stats the needed damage to kill a hero grows quadratically(basically two times more armour makes you have approximatively twice the solidity) while damage grows linearly.
This is why there is a whole lot of critical strike items(to help damage grow together with solidity) but critical strikes items caps at 100% chance of dealing X100 but guess what divide damage by approximatively 100? Having 1000 bonus armour does that.
So if you place an item which gives 1000 armour you need to balance out to add an item who gives 100% chance of dealing X100 damage but there is not such an item thus there is a problem in the damage vs armour race in hero vs hero.
One solution is to make sure critical strikes grows at a rate comparable to the one of armour but you somehow decided that you would need critical strike items that you can not just buy at the main shop while you can buy with ease tomes of + all stats and armour at the shop to gets easily tons or armour and hp to be near unkillable.(if there is a +1000 armour item with easy access there should be a 100% chance of dealing X100 damage item with equally easy access if you want balanced pvp)
Basically my summoner only got lightning shield and iron golem weapon as defensive items and he only have 1000 base strength and agility and it still needs quite some time to get killed by its own minions(which benefits from all its intelligence) and can tank most stuff.(except for stuff way out of his league that he can not kill due to them being overly tanky)(basically since I want to be able to kill myself I am very limited in stats other than intelligence)
(It is written that with his piddly 1100 armour he gets 99% reduction so he takes 100 times less damage from all attacks so you need the attacks to deal 100 times more damage if you want them to work normally on that hero)

Last edited:
Level 1
"So if you place an item which gives 1000 armour you need to balance out to add an item who gives 100% chance of dealing X100 damage but there is not such an item"
Actually 1000 armor multiplies your damage taken by 100/(100+6*1000)=1/61, you would need 1667 armor to equate to a 100% 100x crit.
And the map-maker tried to address crazy armor from agility by requiring 33 agi to get 1 armor, a drastic departure from wc3 standard of 3.

That said, I still agree with your conclusions that it gets drastically harder to kill another hero is wc3 scaling is allowed free reign. I believe chaos mode tries to address this by giving chaos enemies 350x damage against all armor types, but taking 33x less damage, a 10x gap to speed things up.

P.S. when it says 99% or 100% damage reduction it ROUNDS the display, it never actually stops 100% of damage.

Level 5
Well I guess it makes sense that the games rounds the percentage.
It made me overestimate armor significantly.
So the 100% chance of X100 damage item should be compared to an item of 1667 armour.
2000 armour items are significantly harder to find than ones providing 1000.

Level 7
With time I intend to rescale all the game. The value jumps doesn't make much sense, but things like this are not easy to balance. Be patient, I will address this issue with time.

Level 1
Did you get the three keys? Where can I get them?
(I really needs it if I want to test and I did made my hero walk all over the map and kills everything it did meet and it did get only two keys so basically I now walk around with a 30000 int hero(yes enemies are stupidly long to kill because of the mechanic called armour which should be removed in rpgs using high stats in warcraft 3(or damage should scale in a quadratic way) so I did get 10 times more in my main stat than in the others) and no way to find what to do next)

I know where the 3 keys are, there is one from the frost troll on the right side of the map. One from the orc base bottom right of the map and one is the top right of the map after going through the portal bottom left. In the corner there is an elf worker. If you destroy the gates in that area, one of them will drop the 3rd key. Hope this helps.

Level 6
Game is fun but really confusing, all over the place. Same problems the original map had :D well...maybe "features" if you like that sort of thing.

For one, there are too many useless items that drop too many times. Also, strong enemies droping lvl 1 items is stupid. Explaining how housing works should also be encouraged. From what I can tell there's absolutely no reason to spend a lot of money on a house.

Anyway, it is a cool map but needs a lot of work, feels too unfinished. Basically everything needs to be made a little better in my view. Still, played for 3 hours in single player and had fun.

Level 7
Game is fun but really confusing, all over the place. Same problems the original map had :D well...maybe "features" if you like that sort of thing.

For one, there are too many useless items that drop too many times. Also, strong enemies droping lvl 1 items is stupid. Explaining how housing works should also be encouraged. From what I can tell there's absolutely no reason to spend a lot of money on a house.

Anyway, it is a cool map but needs a lot of work, feels too unfinished. Basically everything needs to be made a little better in my view. Still, played for 3 hours in single player and had fun.

That's my real intention, but the problem is that is have a lot of content, so it's not an easy task either.

Level 5
=Explaining how housing works should also be encouraged. From what I can tell there's absolutely no reason to spend a lot of money on a house.
Spending money on a house is a very late game decision before you have interest in getting blood elf civilisation for wood production.
The early game is very very weird and the best way to do the first new games is very weird.

Level 2
There will be another code wipe any soon? cuz there is no point playing an orpg if u cant load your hero when next version comes up...