• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom Campaign Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Lol, here's a challenge for someone good at making campaign screen's.

Can someone make me a Campaign screen that is a view of a city with zombies walking around, dark fog, heavy rain, kinda like this Left for dead Obviously only the back ground, and in the background zombies walking around, and then one walk's across the screen and then the animation reset's.

That would be epic if someone could do that.

Level 35
I asked him, he said he wouldn't be able to make something like that, remember this has to be moving.

Hey there - In responds to your pm. Yea Hubcool's thread is still going on, though it is mostly me thats taking care of it - with some help at times.

What you should be asking for is a animated loading screen (I know that your not, but thats what Hubcools thread is about)...

If you wanted a loading screen this would apply:
If what you want includes that every zombie on screen and so on have to move then I will have to disappoint you about it.. as its impossible to create in wc3.
But if what you want is a still picture of that zombie scene you describe, where the shadow of a zombie walk/moves when the loading screen have finished loading, then yes that is possible. (Why I said after it was done loading is because an animated screen will not move before the loading is complete). Now that is what counts for loading screens.

Now to campaigns screens, which is another matter.

A custom campaign screen is an entire model created for the sole purpose of showing such a scene as you describe... I could maybe create something like that - But it will take a huge amount of time and intense work, so I would prefer not to.. and if I should make a estimate of time it would take to finish, I would assume no less then half a year..

So I could try to do if for you, but I can't give you a 100% certainty as I do have a study to attend as well.

Last edited:
Level 18
Well, I'm grateful that you were willing to try it, but i don't want you to waste half a year on a single loading screen, even though it if you could make it in shorter time, but it doesn't look amazing, i don't mind. I don't care too much about the quality, but if it would still take as long then , its ok i don't want you to do it. Even though it would be epic.

but if you can, tell me how to import a custom campaign screen, because i am using a simple one at the moment its made by Born2Modificate. And i tried to import it into my campaign but it has the right paths and is still just a black screen.
Also the first level in my campaign doesn't work, i click on it and it fades out, only to fade back in again one second later, it doesn't even load the map. Can you tell me why this is?

Level 35
But if you can, tell me how to import a custom campaign screen, because i am using a simple one at the moment its made by Born2Modificate. And i tried to import it into my campaign but it has the right paths and is still just a black screen.
Also the first level in my campaign doesn't work, i click on it and it fades out, only to fade back in again one second later, it doesn't even load the map. Can you tell me why this is?

Okay about the model then - and feel free to request any kind of picture of screen to your map in the thread should a different need arise.

To the first one my question would be if you have set the model (assuming its a model your using) to be the screen for the background... If its not a not a model, then if you have set the picture to be it..

If you have then if you made sure (assuming its a none 3D model) that it is not turned the wrong, though that would require Born to have made a mistake :con:

But can't really say more without knowing more..

To your next questions it can only have one or two reasons:

The first reason is that you somehow made it incompatible with the new patch, then updated and now it does that... the solution would be to avoid the old stuff in triggers and similar and then recreate them in the new way (hashtablets and such). If thats not the case, then you have been hit by the odd thing that sometimes also occur to me.. and always requires me to save the map as something else and make that new save of the map the one that is loaded in the campaign editor.. I never found out why it does it, though I suspect it has something to do with the moment one gets an error message while saving.. :bored:

Level 18
Well, at the moment, I've sorted out the campaign screen and my loading screens, its just the Stupid first map that wont load, i have the new update and stuff, but i don't get what you mean by replace the old triggers with new ones? could you please explain this to me.

And I've tried re-naming and re-saving the map doesn't work either
And the map open's in world edit with ctrl +F9 but i can't test the rest of the campaign because it all revolves around the hero you pick at the start

Last edited:
Level 35
And I've tried re-naming and re-saving the map doesn't work either
And the map open's in world edit with ctrl +F9 but i can't test the rest of the campaign because it all revolves around the hero you pick at the start

If testing it works in world editor then its not a problem with the patch. So it must be that random problem I never understood why occurred. Try doing the save method I spoke about.. and just ignore the trigger thing (which was only if it was the patch that gave the trouble)

Regarding the skills - I dunno really.. As I never used that function. I only ever used it to avoid importing the same models over and over again.

Btw: Do avoid double posting - Consider merging them :wwink:

Level 35
Oh yeah, sorry I didn't realize, and I've sorted out the spells now, The map works fine, except for the first map not loading , I've tried saving method you spoke of and it hasn't worked..

kk - shame, worked for me.. but as said I never figured out why it did it.. Try asking in help forum about it. Happy that the spells work now.

Level 35
Lol thanks ^^ oh, but what did you mean by replacing the old triggers with new ones?

I meant the certain triggers does not work with the new patch.. though its mainly a problem for JASS triggers, it does also apply to GUI triggers. But since you can start the map with world editor, then it doesn't seem like thats the problem.

If it was a problem then you would have to check if you saved something, where you should have saved it using a hashtable.. But I don't really know how to explain it properly..

The problem with no loading does also occur sometimes if you have several maps named the same.. or with the same ingame name.

Status
Not open for further replies.