• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Custom Envenomed Spear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hi, I'm having problem about the ability I'm making on.
This ability don't do poison damage but only slow the unit by the slow rate.
The problem is that the enemy were hit by the unit with this ability were stay unaffected.
It will be great if someone helped me.

Level 14
Can you add a screen shot of your object editor data of the ability please?

234345-albums7856-picture105470.jpg

Level 7
So the enemy units are not getting the buff?
Are they all organic?

Just to be clear.
Did you base it of Buff/Effects Tab -> Special -> Buffs -> Poison (stacking) & Poison (Non-stacking)
Not the night elf one

Level 14
So the enemy units are not getting the buff?
Are they all organic?

Just to be clear.
Did you base it of Buff/Effects Tab -> Special -> Buffs -> Poison (stacking) & Poison (Non-stacking)
Not the night elf one

They getting the buff but their movement speed remain unchanged.
They were all organic.

The buffs were from the Orc's poison buff not the Night Elf ones.

Level 7
I don't see the orc one but I see the buff under special. Have you tried using the neural envenom spears.

Another thing to check is the minimum move speed of the targets.

Level 12
Hey I want to add to this. The "Attack Speed Factor" and the "Movement Speed Factor" are actually labelled wrong. They are swapped for the "Envenomed Spears" ability. This was a weird bug for my map that I eventually looked into and figured out.

Level 7
Hey I want to add to this. The "Attack Speed Factor" and the "Movement Speed Factor" are actually labelled wrong. They are swapped for the "Envenomed Spears" ability. This was a weird bug for my map that I eventually looked into and figured out.

Wow good find. Do you think you could perhaps get it put into a sticky somewhere on hive similar to the list of crashes? This is probably the reason why it didn't work since his attack speed factor was at 0. Did you find anywhere else where this happens?

Level 12
Wow good find. Do you think you could perhaps get it put into a sticky somewhere on hive similar to the list of crashes? This is probably the reason why it didn't work since his attack speed factor was at 0. Did you find anywhere else where this happens?

Only other place I know of is with mana shield. I forget the wording, but it is backwards from what it actually does. It is something like "Mana per hit point" which would imply that high values means you lose more mana than you would lose health, but it does the opposite. I forget if it's that way or the other way around, but I know it is backwards somewhere on that spell lol.

I don't know of any others off the top of my head.

Level 12
I think the issue with mana shield is the reverse math calculation not the actual mechanics because that would have been chaos if blizzard actually let that slip and even dota for that matter :p

lol ya it works fine, just the number you put in doesn't match the wording. It either multiplies the damage when it should divide, or it divides the damage when it should multiply (forget which way). You can still make it do exactly what you need it to, it is just really not obvious if you read it and try to change it. I think all the mana shields block 1-to-1 ratio, so you don't even have an example lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.