• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom map trouble

Level 2
I made a custom map to play with my brother, but when I go on battle net to play I invite him we get into the game together but it’s like we’re in different phases. I move my units around but on his screen I’m not moving at all my units on his screen are just standing around when I’m actively moving mine around. And it goes both ways I don’t see him moving either This was just a test because I’ve been crashing I just wanted to see what would happen if I added another user in it. so it’s not a finished map. Any help would be appreciated. The only thing I can think of that I can’t try until I get home is that when the map starts we’re hit with the victory and we just hit continue playing. So idk if that is what’s making us be in different phases.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 65
I made a custom map to play with my brother, but when I go on battle net to play I invite him we get into the game together but it’s like we’re in different phases. I move my units around but on his screen I’m not moving at all my units on his screen are just standing around when I’m actively moving mine around. And it goes both ways I don’t see him moving either This was just a test because I’ve been crashing I just wanted to see what would happen if I added another user in it. so it’s not a finished map. Any help would be appreciated. The only thing I can think of that I can’t try until I get home is that when the map starts we’re hit with the victory and we just hit continue playing. So idk if that is what’s making us be in different phases.
When you click "continue playing" you're basically put in a singleplayer experience. This feature is meant for ladder games where you've won or lost and want to examine the map and test some stuff before leaving.

Fix the "immediate victory" issue and your map will work as normal.

Level 2
Thanks for the reply and I yea I just tried that but I got rid of the whole melee initialization trigger which I don’t think I should of done. It worked but It just like a defense map where if enemy destroys building at end they win and if your able to kill there (boss unit) the player wins

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 65
Thanks for the reply and I yea I just tried that but I got rid of the whole melee initialization trigger which I don’t think I should of done. It worked but It just like a defense map where if enemy destroys building at end they win and if your able to kill there (boss unit) the player wins
You've created a custom map, not a traditional melee map.

The melee initialization trigger is meant for creating the town halls and workers, running the Computer AI so that they know to build/train/attack/defend with their units, and enforcing victory/defeat rules for a standard melee game of Warcraft 3.

There are some Actions in that trigger which could be useful to you, but it depends on how you want your map to work.

This is the Action that would cause the game to end immediately:
  • Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)
This tells the game to check for remaining buildings and gives victory/defeat depending on the situation. Remember, if you run out of buildings then it's game over and this applies to Computer players as well.

Last edited: