• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

data fields are ordered irregularly and are moved after being edited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I'm finally trying to learn the galaxy editor but it's difficult when the fields just keep switching around all the time.

Is there some kind of option that change this? Because it seems like it's not completely arbitrary.

Either way I need to be able to find the same thing at the same place on every object because as it is I have to spend a lot of time searching to be able to use different units for reference.

p.s. Also is there no way to open two of the same tabs? I want to be able to quickly compare the values between two different units.

Or is there some other way so I don't have to scroll through the entire lists every time?

e.g. I want to compare some stats between a marine and a zergling, currently every time I have to search for one first and then the other after, and because the entries are ordered differently I have to look through that as well every time.

Last edited:
Level 7
Just select two, three or more (if you really want) types while holding ctrl down (exactly as Windows do to selecting multiple items).
3Yv87oj.png

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Is there some kind of option that change this? Because it seems like it's not completely arbitrary.
Like every list in computers, it can be sorted by header. Click on "Field" header and it will place them in alphabetical order and hence will always be in the same order. I am guessing that it is currently set to value order?

Be aware that not all types have all fields. For example a search area effect type has different fields from a persistent effect type.

e.g. I want to compare some stats between a marine and a zergling, currently every time I have to search for one first and then the other after, and because the entries are ordered differently I have to look through that as well every time.
Ctrl+click both Marine and Zergling. Their fields will be displayed next to each other where they can even be edited. The tree view might not be consistent for both types though, as it has a tendency to repeat the nodes for the top selected type only, however it works perfectly for the field list.

Status
Not open for further replies.