• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

"Dead" Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'm making a unit with a Play Dead ability for my current project. I'm using a modified version of Bear Form to switch between alive and "dead" form.

Now, I was wondering how I could make the dead form have its "dead" model animation as default.

Well, either play the animation manually,
  • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s death animation
so that it looks realistic
or use the following action, which is not suggested for units whose model have the Dissipate animation:
  • Unit - Create a permanent Fleshy (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) corpse for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees

Level 3
Well you can try to trigger it to play his dying animation on casting that ability without resetting the animation queue. However the "dead" unit will still have it's health bar above it's model (if it's turned on by default, or while <Alt> is hold down)..

Edit:
Oh yeah, you can use the permanent corpse at it's position and hide the actual unit.

Level 7
Ah, think you guys misunderstood me. It's not a problem of the animations on cast (using Zombie, so I have birth and death on cast.), but I want the "dead" unit to stay lying down. So the actual model of the unit should be the lying down zombie.

Edit: Basically, what it comes down to is:

Can I give a unit an undecayed Zombie corpse as model?

Edit2: The main problem seems to be that finishing casting Bear Form makes the transformed unit assume it's default model. Hmm, could solve this by just making the cast time of "Bear Form" zero and running the animation via triggers.

Edit: Fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
After playing it's dead animation it should remain lying down..

Well, finishing casting bear form seemed to reset it. So I'm just using this now:

• f
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Play Dead
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Rotter
        • Then - Actions
          • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s death animation
        • Else - Actions
          • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s birth animation
          • Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
          • Wait 2.00 seconds
          • Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)
Pause/unpause to ensure the unit finished its birth animation.

Level 3
Oh Bear Form.. it will reset it as it's a new model after finishing casting it (I think). So, you're done with this? If you are.. the ability will be used by one unit only, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.