• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Does Hive Have a Sky Texture Resource Section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Does this site have a sky texture resource section? I don't know if I over looked the sub sections somewhere and I've had no luck with search. I've recently been reading up on transparent tiles and looking if there are any fancy sky textures available to fill the unfilled void under the map.

Wouldn't a Sky Box be a model, not a texture?

I think the best people to ask are the Terrainers. Check out the Terrain Board.
Yes. The SKyBox is a model but it requires textures to work. So, the Skins section is a good area to upload textures for it.

It would be good since we already have UI and tile textures uploaded.

Does this site have a sky texture resource section? I don't know if I over looked the sub sections somewhere and I've had no luck with search. I've recently been reading up on transparent tiles and looking if there are any fancy sky textures available to fill the unfilled void under the map.
Not really. We do have the Skins section for any sorts of textures though.

If you're looking for custom skybox models, then there's the models section for those. And some other sites if you're more curious.

Level 4
Thanks for all your replies, guys. It's been a huge help. After browsing around, I believe I need a full rounded sphere skybox model and a texture. I'm just currently experimenting with ideas at the moment. Hopefully I can make something good.

Status
Not open for further replies.