• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

DOTA's Runes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello!
Can someone tell me how to do Illusion Rune, Haste Rune (speed max to 522), Double Damage Rune, Regeneration Rune, Invisibility Rune ??

Illusion Rune - when picked makes 2 illusions of our hero. Lasts 60 seconds

Haste Rune - when picked our movement speed is increased to 522. Lasts 30 seconds.

Double Damage Rune - when picked the damage of hero is increased by 100%

Regeneration Rune - when picked it regens health and mana equal to 4% per seconds. Lasts 15 seconds. Dispels on damage.

Invisibility Rune - when picked makes hero invisible (1.5 seconds fade time). Lasts 30 seconds.

Any ideas? tried to do illusion rune but no progress.

Level 22
Illusion Rune - Make a dummy cast a custom spell based on ''Item Illusions''.

Haste Rune - Use the Rune of Speed? :p

Double Damage Rune - I'm not sure, but I think you can add an Item ability based on Command Aura to the triggering unit for this (and set Targets Allowed to ''Self'', and Damage Bonus to 100%).

Regeneration Rune - You can add and remove custom Item abilities to units for this one.

Invisibility Rune - Make a dummy cast a custom spell based on the Sorceress' Invisibility.

Level 5
I made that illusion but there is one problem - it mades only one illusion, how to made 2 ? i copyied trigger but it doesn't work - please help

Level 5
Here's trigger

Attachments

• rune.JPG
    rune.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 597
Level 14
Using a loop is fine.
However, the method I suggested only needs to use one dummy unit:
  • RuneIllusion
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Rune of Illusion
    • Actions
      • Set TempUnit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set TempLoc = (Position of TempUnit)
      • Unit - Create 1 xe unit (Caster System?) for (Owner of TempUnit) at TempLoc facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set TempDummy = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to TempDummy
      • Custom script: call UnitRemoveAbility(udg_TempDummy,'Amov') // Removes move ability from dummy unit.
      • -------- Add the illusion ability to the dummy unit. --------
      • Unit - Add Item Illusions to TempDummy
      • -------- Issue the illusion ability order by its id which is 852274 --------
      • Custom script: call IssueTargetOrderById(udg_TempDummy, 852274, udg_TempUnit)
      • Custom script: call IssueTargetOrderById(udg_TempDummy, 852274, udg_TempUnit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)

Attachments

• IllusionRune.w3x
    17.7 KB · Views: 87
Level 5
Ok I think my map is broken, because My cousin made that trigger (look screenshot) and send map to me, I copied eveerything well and when testing it creating only 1 illusion but in cousin's map it creates 2. BTW watermelon 1234 - same problem with ur map, in your map it creates 2 but in my it creates only 1. Don't know why.

Attachments

• hd.PNG
    hd.PNG
    21 KB · Views: 210
Level 4
There is a way to create illusions without triggers: Give the Item Illusions ability and it will create 1. If you give two Item Illusions to the rune, it will create 2 illusions. You can add up to 4 abilites so, up to 4 illusions can be created this way.

As for invisiblity, do the same but with the sorceress spell. Make sure you allow it to target self otherwise it wont work. Using Item Temporary invisibility works too.

For the damage rune, just use a Roar (Targets allowed Self only) spell and increase by the amount you wish. Inner fire doesnt work.

All those runes can be made without triggers, you just have to know what ablites to use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.