• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Dummy Bash ability not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So i've been trying to make an AoE version of Storm Bolt for a hero unit, and used a dummy from another map of mine.
I gave the dummy a bash ability with 100% chance to stun enemy units.
The dummy is based on a demolisher and it's attack does AoE damage.
I am guessing that bash doesn't apply to units with AoE damage.
If that's correct, then what alternative is there for an AoE version of Storm Bolt? If bash does apply to units with AoE damage, what did i do wrong?
thanks in advance.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 65
Use Storm Bolt or War Stomp as your AoE stun.

Bash can't be applied from AoE ground attacks. Splash damage never applies these types of on hit effects.

Storm Bolt example:
  • AoE Storm Bolt
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set VariableSet TempPoint = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • -------- --------
      • -------- Setup Dummy: --------
      • Unit - Create 1 DummyUnit for (Triggering player) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set VariableSet Dummy = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Storm Bolt to Dummy
      • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to Dummy
      • -------- --------
      • -------- Area of Effect: --------
      • Set VariableSet TempGroup = (Units within 300.00 of TempPoint.)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Triggering player).) Equal to True
              • ((Picked unit) is alive) Equal to True
              • ((Picked unit) is invulnerable) Equal to False
              • ((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False
              • ((Picked unit) is Mechanical) Equal to False
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Order Dummy to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Picked unit)
            • Else - Actions
      • -------- --------
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_TempGroup)
Your Dummy must be setup correctly for this to work properly:
Movement Type = None
Speed Base = 0
Attacks Enabled: None
Death Type: Does not decay/raise
Abilities: Locust
Art - Animation Cast Point/Backswing: 0.00

The abilities that the Dummy casts must have 0 cooldown/mana cost as well as 999999 cast range. Also, make sure that their Targets Allowed is setup correctly and all of their Requirements are removed.

War Stomp is easier since you don't need a Unit Group -> Using bits and pieces of the trigger above, simply create the Dummy at TempPoint and order it to cast War Stomp. So you do the same thing without the need of TempGroup/Pick every unit.

Last edited:
Level 20
If you don't care for the terrain deformation from War Stomp you can always use Inferno (usually summon a dummy unit that dies immediately; I don't think this works if you summon nothing)

Status
Not open for further replies.