• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Editor for Hire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I seem to have recently come upon an unforseen large amount of extra time. So I've decided to try to give map making a shot.

Before I dive in and start making my own maps, though, I'd like to offer my services as an editor, for those of you who are already making maps. I have played around with the map editor off and on ever since Warcraft 3 was released, and if I were to decide which aspects of the map editor I am most familiar with, I'd have to say

1: Triggering
2: Unit Balancing
3: Custom Skills
4: Custom Items

(not in any particular order)

However, I really suck at terraining. When I do figure out how I want something done in terraining, I do it very well. But I tend to get hung up on deciding how I want it to look, change things a million different times, and never actually get anything done. I can probably do doodad-work on maps, though, once the terraining is already done... put that finishing touch on it to make it look better.

I'm only going to tackle one project at a time, so first come first served, PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Level 2
I'm offering to help with other people's maps. I'm good at triggering, unit balancing, and making custom items and skills, as I said in my post above. I'm bad at terraining, so don't ask me for that. I even understand save/load systems well enough to make one functional for just about anything necessary.

I thought I'd offer my help for a few maps before I create one myself. If nobody needs me for anything, though, I'll just push through my terraining roadblock and create a map of my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.