• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Resource System Enhance Code and Tutorials Forums

Anything to do with the resource system. Bundles, resources, upload, search.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Code and Tutorials forums could benefit from a 1-5 star ranking system. It would also be welcome to have a "Preview triggers" button for any maps that are uploaded as part of a Code resource, similar to what we have in the Spells section.

@Ralle and I have discussed this one before, but I wanted to get some community feedback on the idea.

Ralle suggested that one possible solution would be to create a "Code" type of resource that does not require a map to be attached. As long as a map can optionally be attached, I think it's good.

I'll also staple this idea for discussion: The Spells section could be renamed to Spells & Systems. I think it used to be called that?

I agree. The code (and tutorials) subforums would greatly benefit from all those features the spells forum already has.
This also includes the ability to update the resource (attaching a new map without losing download counts, automatic notifications for subscribed people) so that people using it are being informed.

Honestly, this goes hand in hand with revamping the forum structure, in particular the connection of Spells and Code.
The code forum of our dreams is the spells forum, so rather than renaming to Spells & Systems, let's give the Code forum all features from Spells and move code resources from Spells to Code afterwards. -> have everything code-related at one central place.

Spells is currently a mixture of Code, Templates, Hero Concepts and actual spells. I mentioned here that the resulting user guidance is sub-optimal, so I'm glad the new suggestions sub-forum now gives us the opportunity to discuss it further :)

Status
Not open for further replies.