• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Event for consuming runes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello!

Might be obvious but I had no luck finding it, nor googling it but...

...is there an event that registers when unit consumes a rune? Like Rune of Restoration, Tome of Power and all those items that are consumed as soon as aquired?

I want to make a spell that creates a rune near target when cast. When consumed, that rune restores health to nearby allies based on their missing health. So more damage they have, more they get healed.

I have a pretty good idea how to do it, I just cannot find event for it.

Thank you!

Level 14
You should be able to use the event . .

• Unit - A unit Acquires an item
. . for consumables. Items in the engine are of type item, regardless of consumable flag. Anything set to perishable (aka consumable) simply removes the item after acquiring and automatically running its attached ability (with the "Use on Acquire" toggle).

Level 1
Hmmm, was sure I tried that already and it didn't work. I tried it again and it works now. I probably messed something up first time. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.