• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Felguard Skin & "Wagon" skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Currently, I am working on a Castle-Siege type of map. The goal of the map is for the attacking orcs to try and destroy the castle of course, but there are some twists I am planning to add. There are two outlying villages in which bonus income comes from owning (needless to say the humans must defend them for the first while of the game) for some twists to make the humans have to be offensive for awhile. I don't have a name for the map yet, but there are some screen shots of my map over here:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39856

The map right now consists of an eight vs four team set-up with players 14 and 15 as the simple team-NPC's. There is a tree of eighteen different types of units per team, along with which, is a custom damage/armor chart in which I am currently trying to balance out. And now to my requests!

I was wondering if anybody that has the time, could skin the 'wagon' (model name in WEU) to use in-game skins (wait thats a model isn't it?) Anyways, I would like the wagon skin to look like some of the crate-textures from the game, so it would match Chriz' and Mr. Olof's trebuchet model, for a packed version, I believe this is an easy request to anyone that knows what they are doing, unfortunately my skinning skills are severely limited, and anything I come up with doesn't look decent :confused:. I know if someone would bother to skin this, a lot of people that use the trebuchet model would be fairly happy, which is another reason I'm asking for this skin, I believe it could be well-used by the community. (I don't really know if a skin, or a model (using in-game skins) would be less file size, the least file size is preferable if someone can try to do both, it would be greatly appreciated!)

My second request would be for a re-skinned Felguard, (Or Bloodfiend / Overlord). The basis for this request is that there are several human spear/pike-man models, but there are none that I can find for orcs, and I would just like a re-skinned (maybe even a re-colour would look nice) of the Felguard to make him look green (like Warcraft's orcs if possible).

If someone knows of different locations for these resources if they are already made please post them and excuse me, I've looked, and have failed to find any. Thanks for your time in reading this, and if you will try and volunteer, many thanks from me, and possibly the public!

Basically you want a packet trebuchet and a pikeman? Tell rather this way as models are easier to make (and edit) than skins.

You probably mean something in this pic (aoe2)

trebuchet_packed.jpg

Level 7
Something like that works, I'm perfectly content with just a skinned version of the wagon, which is probably smaller, (or if someone could tell me if I can make a model use an in-game by just changing the .mdl I can do that) and as for the pikeman, I wanted an orc pikeman, but a skinned felguard to look green would be more useful to the public possibly, and it still would work for me.

Here is a link to the trebuchet I was referring to:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/3218/

Level 7
That would sound promising if I was any good at AI, or triggers, fortunately for my map there are all human players so I don't need a system for it to automatically transform, but I am going to use a form of the druid of the talon/claw system to transform, but I doubt the AI would use that properly (maybe for bear form, as that is the form that damage is usually dealt it)

Also thanks for your help FireEffect, greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.