• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Filtering Dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi All,

Any chance anyone knows a good method for filtering out dummies from triggers? I have a big system in my map for "on kill" effects, however some of them trigger when dummies die. Any thoughts (preferably not "add them to a group!")

Level 12
I think you can just check if they have the locust ability.
if (GetUnitAbilityLevel(GetTriggerUnit(), 'Aloc') == 0) then
  • Conditions
    • Level of (Locust) for (Triggering unit) is equal to 0
EDIT:
In my own map, I am doing something similar, except with an ability called "ignore". Units with that ability are skipped in all of my triggers. I added it to invulnerable buildings and stuff like that so they don't get affected by anything.

Level 12
I don't know what Hide unit does, but I think that would stop the unit from doing whatever it was doing. I think it makes them invisible for everyone. I haven't used it, though.

Locust units are skipped in a bunch of functions such as picking units in a region. They are not skipped for something like "A unit dies" event. I think you can check for the locust ability, but I also haven't actually done that. I would test that, though, since it is easy and I think it will work.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

You could give the unit an unique point value ( object editor) and check if the point value of the dying unit is not equal the value you gave the dummy units

Status
Not open for further replies.