• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Forest preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I was bored so I said what the hell I'll do some pieces of terrain. Now this one I actually got pleased with.

Appreciate all types of critisim I can get and all rep's ofcourse :p.

Please Post your opinion and rate it out of 5.

P.S forget those white stuff, forgot to remove them from MS Paint :p.

Attachments

• Screenshot#2.JPG
    Screenshot#2.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 207
  • Screenshot#3.JPG
    Screenshot#3.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 237
  • Screenshot#4.JPG
    Screenshot#4.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
You surely have improved since back when you showed me some horrible map you had made for some project you did with some other Clan CBS member (forgot who).

Anyways the dirt could need a bit variation, it looks good when using dark dirt inbetween here and there aswell, besides from that the height variation on the second picture looks a bit too noised (or atleast a bit off here and there), smooth the hills in the background out a bit to go better with the rest. Overall very nice 3.5/5.

Level 6
Like raging said, i remember ur old days in wc3c tih those snowy landscapes :)

Now I'm waiting for HernanG Since I owe him almost all of this
lol u are gonna make me cry T_T

The terrain has potential, i guess u forgot to change the sky to a fogged one, so u can blend together the sky and the light fog.
I personally dont like those "big-trunks" Ashenvale trees.

4/5

An advice, try to use 2 or 3 kind of grasses/plants, 1 kind of rocks, and 1 or 2 kind of trees, start terrain with that.

Then u can add flowers, mushrooms, more tiny or exotic plants here and there...

Keep up the good job.

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Not bad. But you must play a bit more with the ground textures. Use some Rough Dirt on the dirty path.
Some beautiful Grassy Dirt here and there off the road won't do worse. And perhaps one of those Ashenvale fogs. Maybe it's just me, but the fog your using (are you?) is too light.

Status
Not open for further replies.