• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] From Melee to Ranged and Backwards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello. I am making a map which is orpg type. There are items like bows, wands, swords, daggers etc. I want when someone picks up a ranged weapon (ex. bow) to become ranged. I have searched the forums and found a way to do it by morphing the unit picking the weapon. I don't know if this works since I can't see how I can make the unit morph into ranged unit. Do you know if this works? If it does please help me with the morph part else can you recommend me any way to do it? Thanks in advance.

Level 3
mckill2009 I am not the JASSer kind of triggerer (I know JASS is better but it's harder to understand). Still, thanks for your help. andreasaspenberg your system worked although I made some changes. When the unit picks one of the items that are ranged it receives the ability through trigger and uses it. That way the item won't have an ability which might be accidentally be used by the player. The system is not fully made yet but since I now know how I'll complete it in time. Thanks!!!

Level 3
Metamorphosis order is not irrevertible. Which means it can go from ranged to melee but not backwards. I found though the spell bear form which allows to go back to melee. Thanks again! Without your advice I wouldn't be able to do it ;)

Level 21
i just tested it and the reason for that is the mana cost of the ability. i set the mana cost to 0 and the unit can switch back and forth by clicking on the item and will transform when picking up the item. i have added the changes to the map and uploaded it again.

Attachments

• morph example.w3x
    16.7 KB · Views: 40
Level 3
ok i made it work. another problem is that abilities learned (they are not added via a hero ability selection menu, the one with the "+" icon, they are automatically added with some conditions) do not go to the transformed unit. is there a way to fix that? :/

Level 3
never mind I figured out how to make it work. you just have to make the abilities permanent using specific trigger command. thanks again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.