• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Getting computer units to attack doodaas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have a doodaa gate that i would like some monsters to attack, but they just ignore it - because apparently it is "neutral" - any hints on how to get them to attack it?

(It must also be able to open and close, so i don't think you can attack the image to a player object)

Level 22
Are you talking about a gate? Like on a castle defense map? If you want them to attacks a doodad, it would have to be a SPECIFIC doodad, not a general one. i.e. Event> Order (unit) to attack (variable-->doodad). So it would have to be scripted, not passive aquired. I could probably help you more if I knew the context of what you were talking about.
-VGsatomi

Level 3
That's but you have already helped me with that suggestion :)

Of course now i have another problem, in that some units just refuse to move while some of them move on - but i suppose thats another thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.