• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Giving spells to heros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have been trying for the past couple of hours to get a system to work and so far it hasent been working what im trying to achieve is where when my hero picks up a tome right now im using Tome Of Agility slightly modified so that it dosent give the agility. And when my hero picks it up i want him to learn a spell and the tome to disappear and the problem im having is its not giving him the skill. thx in advance

Level 19
This should work :
  • Skill
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Tome of Experience
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Avatar to (Hero manipulating item)
You can also use it to increase levels,
for example:
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (Level of Avatar for (Hero manipulating item)) Greater than or equal to 1
    • Then - Actions
      • Unit - Increase level of Avatar for (Hero manipulating item)
    • Else - Actions
      • Unit - Add Avatar to (Hero manipulating item)

Level 3
Wicked thanks. But is there a way that once i get it, it adds the skill to his list of skills and then every time i level up it allows me to add talent points into it?

Level 19
So if I understand you correctly, you'd want that each level up of the unit allows the player to increase the level manually?

It is possible yes, but you'll need something more to trigger.
You'll need to first determinate the way you want to increase it.
After that, you'll need a system that detects what spells the unit already has.
For example:
You want to increase the level of avatar by a command: -increase avatar.
Your trigger needs to check "Unit has avatar equals to true & talent points is greater then 1 then increase level".

Status
Not open for further replies.