• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Great campaign =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Thanks for making such an enjoyable start for your campaign. I was extremely impressed by the use of your triggers, timers, and other events, as it constantly made the story flow very smoothly.

It was also very nice to see the detail and research that went into crafting the storyline, especially in the references to prior history. Great job, guys. I only had one real complaint, as there was no "save-over" to the later maps for hero abilities, items, etc. Hopefully, that'll be fixed in later versions.

Looking forward to playing the next chapter! =)

Level 12
I don't know about the save-overs. I hardly believe that would be possible. It's all because Tommi said he would never use a single hero twice to be played with.

Level 6
The reason for using new characters have been rooted in gameplay concerns. After their first adventure, heroes have been usually at 7th-10th level. It means that you can't develop them much further in the next adventures. High level heroes are also very powerful, which means that they may dominate the game, especially if you don't have much food supply. This diminishes the importance of how you choose your units (especially regular combat units). Also, you must usually stick with the same hero all the time, which means that it is not possible to design encounters which this particular hero couldn't survive. This is opposed to what you can do with units. If one unit type isn't good in a particular encounter (e.g. can't attack flying units), you can build new units that are suited to that encounter.

I think that old heroes could appear as NPCs or shortly playable characters later on. It might be possible to design heroes that stay around longer than one adventure, but so far we haven't taken the possibility into account. It may change in future scenarios, if we find it serving the story and gameplay. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.