• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hardcoded Geoset Anim Alphas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
I'm trying to edit the Thunderclap effect's lightning. For the lightning's geoset animation, I'm trying to increase the alpha to 1.0 instead of somewhere around 0.75. I know that by giving the lightning a dark purple tint the lightning would become less visible because it is additive and dark = invisible. It seems that the geoset anim alpha is hardcoded. In magos, whenenver I changed the value of the alpha, it would reset to the same number even when I saved it and reopened the model. I tried converting the mdx to mdl and editing it from there but when i reconverted the mdl to mdx, it came up with a bunch of errors. Is there any way around this problem?

I'm trying to edit the Thunderclap effect's lightning. For the lightning's geoset animation, I'm trying to increase the alpha to 1.0 instead of somewhere around 0.75. I know that by giving the lightning a dark purple tint the lightning would become less visible because it is additive and dark = invisible. It seems that the geoset anim alpha is hardcoded. In magos, whenenver I changed the value of the alpha, it would reset to the same number even when I saved it and reopened the model. I tried converting the mdx to mdl and editing it from there but when i reconverted the mdl to mdx, it came up with a bunch of errors. Is there any way around this problem?

You might try using notepad, because Magos cannot save geoset anims with alphas neither can save texture animations. It will look like you Magos have saved it correctly, but the truth is it doesn't.

Level 35
o_O So you mean I should duplicate my particles multiple times? That doesn't really sound feasible. I think I'll try the Particle 1 method but when entering the path to the .mdl, what path do I use? Something alone the lines of MyModel.mdl or war3mapImported/MyModel.mdl or the exact directory in my folder like D:/Warcraft/...etc?

Level 23
This is total madness. XYQuads don't display because Magos' is borked or whatever; take a real XYQuad emitter from in-game (I like the spellbreaker feedback effect) and poke at it slowly and carefully and all will be well. Be sure to note down what you did if/when it goes awry, though.

Level 35
Ok the strange thing is that the model I'm using has no XY-Quads at all yet around 3-4 of them show up. The only problem for me to use something like the feedback effect is that I'm not only working with particles but also working with geosets. I'm very poor at geoset merging so I won't know how to transfer the geosets over to the feedback effect. Perhaps if RDZ or HappyTauren could help me with the geoset transferring. However, I wish for the model to be transferred via private message because it is one of my unfinished works and I don't want people to see it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.