• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Help] Attack Chain Powerup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey there,
It's been months since i don't have time for map editing but now... i have sometimes to continue my work but now i have a problem to realize my imagination:
Now, not really my imagination but it is new in warcraft 3 with such thing:
Maybe you know Red Alert 2 with the Prism Tower:
20234.jpg

What does it do? (for guys doesn't know):
They shoot laser! BUT, not in a normal way. Everytime a prism tower engage an enemy unit, nearby prism towers will connect (shoot-like) to the engaging prism tower. This will boost up the damage it deals depend on how many nearby prism tower is connected.
SO, will anyone can figure out a way to do this? it's quite complicated and well, could be hard to imagine so i'll just give you this video.
Surely credits and rep for you

Level 16
I think a possible way is this:

Tower A detects an enemy in range -> Count the number of units with the same unit type around A (in RA2 the limit is 4 towers max if I remember correctly but you can be flexible) -> Disable the attack capability of picked towers except A -> Use a timed lightning system to create the "laser chain" -> Adds a critical strike ability to A with a crit power of X% with X=(Number of picked towers)*100 -> Use a DDS to remove the crit ability, kill the lightnings and re-enable the attack capability of disabled towers after the attack is finished.

Sorry but I won't provide code. I am lazy as heck :p Besides I don't know how to do GUI.

Level 9
I think a possible way is this:

Tower A detects an enemy in range -> Count the number of units with the same unit type around A (in RA2 the limit is 4 towers max if I remember correctly but you can be flexible) -> Disable the attack capability of picked towers except A -> Use a timed lightning system to create the "laser chain" -> Adds a critical strike ability to A with a crit power of X% with X=(Number of picked towers)*100 -> Use a DDS to remove the crit ability, kill the lightnings and re-enable the attack capability of disabled towers after the attack is finished.

Sorry but I won't provide code. I am lazy as heck :p Besides I don't know how to do GUI.
Oh.. i can imagine it now, could be possible. I'm working on it

The problem is I don't know the possible way to do this

Level 5
damn, its a bit of a bitch to explain it all...
I have a map (Survival Chaos) where i made lasers, you can check Draenei Tower or Gnome ranged units to see how it looks in game.
No coding needed!!!!

1) Simpler way. You need good missile. I used... dafuq where is Mystic??? Found him, he changed name to Vinz...
You need to STEAL his void missiles.
I think i used "Spear" one. If you have minimal modeling skills, you can change it into blue color.
Simply make it really fast missile speed. Literally thousands of speed. And very straight, no arc. Probably no homing in so it remains straight.
And you have something similar like laser (my Draenei towers and their artillery unit).

2) If you, LIKE ME, are not some lame ass allied prism sissy boy, but a real glorious Brotherhood of NOD LASER BYM man, then you need to use the, fk whats its called, i think it is vanilla skyhawk tower disable skill. Where he puts red net on buildings. The DOTA Rasta binding skill. It is lightning effect. Like if you would edit chain lightning or forked lightning skills, and you would change their lightning effect into that red one, then you would get a straight red laser beam.
But it is not good enough, so you need to change its texture, make it straight and bright red, and import into map over the original texture.
Then you make a unit with NO missile art, but you give him lightning attack from the vanilla thunder lizard creep. But ofcourse you edit that thunderlizard's lightning attack skill so that it uses not its blue chainlightning visual but the red one from Shackles skill. And since you edited its texture then now it looks even better. Unit might need to have "instant" attack type, i dont remember. Check the vanilla thunder lizard. Every time it attacks, the "lightning" visual effect will be displayed, and instead of its original blue chainlightning, it will be the straight red line (or any other color when you edit its texture).
BUT, lightning attack skill is the HARDEST orb effect in game! It will not work with any other attack modifying skill! NOT even crit or bash!

(I mean, if you actualy making the whole prism tower and need nice laser hit effects too)

For the damage boost... I doubt it got higher than stack of like +3 towers in RA2. In any case it was one shooting stuff. So no need to make it infinite.
I would do so: Tower has damage aura, in specific range, many levels (affecting only other towers, not self).
You build tower - trigger fires, counts all units of type (prism tower) in specific range of the unit you just built. Then it sets/increases aura level to some value based of how many of these towers are in range.
Then another triger (or even same one with different "event") fires up when a unit dies (of type = prism tower), again counts remaining towers in the range of "position of recently deceased unit" and sets the level of aura accordingly.

Last edited:
damn, its a bit of a bitch to explain it all...
I have a map (Survival Chaos) where i made lasers, you can check Draenei Tower or Gnome ranged units to see how it looks in game.
No coding needed!!!!

1) Simpler way. You need good missile. I used... dafuq where is Mystic??? Found him, he changed name to Vinz...
You need to STEAL his void missiles.
I think i used "Spear" one. If you have minimal modeling skills, you can change it into blue color.
Simply make it really fast missile speed. Literally thousands of speed. And very straight, no arc. Probably no homing in so it remains straight.
And you have something similar like laser (my Draenei towers and their artillery unit).

2) If you, LIKE ME, are not some lame ass allied prism sissy boy, but a real glorious Brotherhood of NOD LASER BYM man, then you need to use the, fk whats its called, i think it is vanilla skyhawk tower disable skill. Where he puts red net on buildings. The DOTA Rasta binding skill. It is lightning effect. Like if you would edit chain lightning or forked lightning skills, and you would change their lightning effect into that red one, then you would get a straight red laser beam.
But it is not good enough, so you need to change its texture, make it straight and bright red, and import into map over the original texture.
Then you make a unit with NO missile art, but you give him lightning attack from the vanilla thunder lizard creep. But ofcourse you edit that thunderlizard's lightning attack skill so that it uses not its blue chainlightning visual but the red one from Shackles skill. And since you edited its texture then now it looks even better. Unit might need to have "instant" attack type, i dont remember. Check the vanilla thunder lizard. Every time it attacks, the "lightning" visual effect will be displayed, and instead of its original blue chainlightning, it will be the straight red line (or any other color when you edit its texture).
BUT, lightning attack skill is the HARDEST orb effect in game! It will not work with any other attack modifying skill! NOT even crit or bash!

(I mean, if you actualy making the whole prism tower and need nice laser hit effects too)

For the damage boost... I doubt it got higher than stack of like +3 towers in RA2. In any case it was one shooting stuff. So no need to make it infinite.
I would do so: Tower has damage aura, in specific range, many levels (affecting only other towers, not self).
You build tower - trigger fires, counts all units of type (prism tower) in specific range of the unit you just built. Then it sets/increases aura level to some value based of how many of these towers are in range.
Then another triger (or even same one with different "event") fires up when a unit dies (of type = prism tower), again counts remaining towers in the range of "position of recently deceased unit" and sets the level of aura accordingly.
ăăăăăăăăă Is nice that you want to help him but Striker21-Last seen Jun 24, 2020

Level 40
What are people doing to find 9-year-old threads and then reply to them thinking it's a current discussion? This has been happening pretty frequently on the site in the past couple months.

If you did a search for something and found a thread there's a good chance whatever you found is not currently active.

Status
Not open for further replies.